2001 holiday rambler tie rod end

posted this in another forums no answer try this one I have a 2001 holiday rambler dp 30' and where the tie rod end that is attached to the steering box had a thick rubber grommet raped around a big washer in between the tie rod end and the steering arm now it is gone need a  replacement either grommet or a new tie rod end no part no on the old one the only thing I found was a  d230 stamped on the back and a rt4on the end of the shaft where the castle nut screws on any help would be appreciated I have it off wright now taking the shepherd m 80 to be rebuilt next week thanks

7 hours ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

Roadmaster, the chassis manufacturer, used a complete axle assembly for the front.  There should be a cross member that has the information about that assembly on it.

My 04 HR Endeavor has Spicer front end.  I was able to find tag on front axle part number and was able to identify components on their web site.

25 minutes ago, gdroberson said:

it has a  tag it says monaco coach corp.  080400-0004   02828300 model f4w-0800  google it got nothing

Did you search Spicer to see if any of your numbers showed up on their parts list. The a axles were listed by their weight capacity and different components had parts numbers.

21 minutes ago, gdroberson said:

tried the no. at spicer no match

Contact the REV GROUP for a build sheet for your coach is your best chance.

Guest Ray Davis

I had the same issue with my 03 Windsor.  Instead of the expected boot for a seal mine had a rubber donut.  I visited several parts stores, no help, they were all computer parts people, until I came to a small independent place with an old guy who looked at my old donut walked to the back and reappeared with one. It was for some other application.  I think it may have been a body mount but has worked fine for years now.

I believe that when you go to Glendale if you take the tie rod end with you a truck place can match it.  I found they do not sell just the rubber boot.  However, they are readily available on the internet.

Until I found my part I used a zip lock bag that I pulled over the joint and wire tied it in place. 

Guest Ray Davis

I got this image from Amazon.  Is this what the boot looks like? 

Daystar, Tie Rod End Dust Boots 15mm 19/32" x 35mm 1 3/8" Pair, fits 1945 to 2004 2/4WD, KU13001BK - Black

1 hour ago, gdroberson said:

OK the new tie rod end that I found at straight line suspension PN 462.ES8426R thomas tie rod end different rubber boot was told they dont make the original one any moor