Urgent help needed - Can't bring is passenger rear slide to leave RV Park

Had a similar issue when I first got my 2005 Diplomat. Found a black covered box in the battery bay with a lot of electrical plugs. I can’t remember all the details but I unplugged each one and sprayed them with contact cleaner. Seamed to fix it? Good luck.

• Like 2

Might as well cross off some basics…there’s an ignition interlock.   Is your key off? Is it just that slide that won’t come in? Do you notice lights dimming when you attempt to bring it in? Do you have a meter to check fuses/power/switches? 

Edited by BradHend

1 hour ago, oregondarrell said:
The passenger rear slide on 2004 Monterey wont come in. Check and cleaned contacts on switch,  checked 12 volt fuse.
Where do I look next, never had a problem with slide before.
Darrell Terry
503-547-7819
http://beaveramb.org/forum/Themes/default/images/icons/modify_inline.gif

If there is no power at all going to slide motor. Check ceiling of cargo bays below slide. I had a similar issue last year. Turned out I had a broken connection near one of the basement light fixtures. Did a temp splice until I could do a permeate repair, but the slide worked fine as soon as I made a proper connection.

• Like 1

If all else fails jump directly to the slide motor from the batteries. You can touch the conductors to the battery posts. Not enough amperage to be a hazard. If you don't have wire you could use extension cords or whatever you could scavenge. Swap polarity if the motor runs in the wrong direction. 

Edited by Gary Cole
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, oregondarrell said:

I have power to the switch. It's something between switch and pump, possibly a dead solenoid or accuator.

Thanks for ideas. I found a mobile repairman that has worked on that X frame type of hydraulic slide before and is coming out tomorrow.

Thanks again

Did he get it going?

We like to hear the outcome...

• Like 1

Thanks for all your input.

Jared's Mobile RV Service in Santa Rosa, CA area got me up and running.  Highly recommend
Two issues
1) Loose wire on relay attached to Hydraulic pump motor.
2) Bent lug and melted Insulator on power connection to pump motor,  electricity was arching to case.

Jared secured connection on relay and moved power connector enough to prevent arching. 
I plan to purchase new pump motor and have Jared replace.

Where is best place to purchace HWH Spacemaker parts.   Pump Motor -  Part Number  #08053  12 volt

Thanks again
Darrell

• Like 1