Front Door will not open

Our door has been difficult to work for a couple of years. I put a knee against the lower part of the door about 18 in up from the bottom. Give it a little bit of a kick. Work for me. Finally took the door apart before it got so bad I couldn't open it. GGood video on YouTube.  

Re reading your post do you have the door open?

I had to remove the lower door panel on mine when that happened. Found that the linkage came apart so I put it back and secured it with a large black Tyrap (zip tie).  Haven’t had any more problems. Two years now. Hope that helps. Also lubricate everything that moves in there  

Jim 2000 Monaco Dynasty 

Edited by Fasthobie16
Added comment.

I did the same as Bob S., pushed on the door while pulling the door handle until one day that didn't work and we could not open the door from the outside. Luckily we were at a campground and left the windows open so the dog would have some fresh air. Climbed through a window and opened the door from the inside. In my case the screws on the inside of the door for the bolt lock were loose. Tightened them and all is well. That is, I can open the door again from the outside but still need to put pressure on the door when I pull the open handle. It's a little tricky but I have developed my own technique.

Keep tightening up those 2 nuts. I closed both latch like he shows in the video, till both snap at the same time. o longer have to push on the door.  

Edited by Bob Schmeckpeper
Forgot part of it.

I just fixed mine. 09 Knight. Yours is probably different from mine though. From start to finish it took me about 3 hrs. E9B27145-7DAF-4F9A-98F4-BFFAB7E599D4.thumb.jpeg.794f83490f72abf9e92981320ae4e2da.jpeg

Very good. If you need any other help you can always call. My bushing is wearing for being only 13 yrs old. That will be my next fix. My handle actually broke from being so hard to open.1870486E-D661-43C1-AD5C-83D811B8D00B.thumb.jpeg.26b9b197f172483002a04bd67b563e37.jpeg

If you look in the downloads section there are at least 3 files explaining how to adjust the door.  I also had this one in my files but didn't see it in the downloads files, seems like the most comprehensive write-up

I started having trouble with mine and it go progressively harder to pull the handle and open the door.  Finally one day I couldn't open it and had to crawl through a window to open.  Finally just bit the bullet and took the inner door skin off to see what was going on.  The actual adjustment was pretty easy, a matter of taking the slack out of one adjusting nut, took about 2 minutes.  Total job a couple hours since I had the skin all the way off. 

monaco_door_adjust.pdf

• Thanks 1

Alaskawalker

With the door skin pulled back to were you can get to the adjusting nuts, flip the latches latches to the closed position pull the handle and see if both latches snap open at the same time.  The latches should flip open when the handle is a little over the 3/4 of the way open.  Close the door and see if you like it.  Just leave a window open or have someone inside just incase it doesn't work.  The door doesn't have to be totally reassembled for the test.

Good luck