Web site problems

Bob,

I’ve tried everything I know, and escalated it to Invision support. They can’t find anything wrong with the site and can’t recreate the problem. 

According to them, based on the data in your message, it *appears* your device is submitting a large number of carriage returns, similar to a stuck key on a keyboard. 

It could be some type comparability issue between your device and the site software, but since they can’t recreate the problem, they don’t know how to fix it  

Not sure where else to go with this…

Scotty

I'd have to agree. I used to run several forums back in the day and mine used to strip off any extra white space. But given that some of his posts are OK and some aren't, and everyone else's are OK, it's going to be an issue on his end. Just my .02 for what it's worth.

10 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Bob,

I’ve tried everything I know, and escalated it to Invision support. They can’t find anything wrong with the site and can’t recreate the problem. 

According to them, based on the data in your message, it *appears* your device is submitting a large number of carriage returns, similar to a stuck key on a keyboard. 

It could be some type comparability issue between your device and the site software, but since they can’t recreate the problem, they don’t know how to fix it  

Not sure where else to go with this…

Scotty

9 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

I'd have to agree. I used to run several forums back in the day and mine used to strip off any extra white space. But given that some of his posts are OK and some aren't, and everyone else's are OK, it's going to be an issue on his end. Just my .02 for what it's worth.

I'm definitely not a computer or a keyboard person, but my first thought was either a sticking space bar or the hand inadvertently touching the space bar.

My wife started way back with a typewriter then on to a keyboard without too much of an adjustment, but a laptop gives her fits. It's something about the size and

the way hands rest.  My one finger typing doesn't seem to create the same problems. My speed or lack thereof gives me time to look at each letter and space.

This is a test! I  have set up a new account to see what happens.  I  don't want to close my other account since it has information that I will need when our coach gets out of the paint shop, and I don't want to lose it.  So far this  Solution seems to be working. We are going to keep it this way for a few days to see how things go.  Maybe admin can put my reputation score into this account. 🤔 

Hope this fixes the problem.