Tablet mounting location help

vwallace

I am thinking about running the Blue fire app, I have a brand new pressure pro kit that has never been open with 12 sensors. I wasn't crazy about it being app based but now that I have found the bluefire it is starting to sound like a good idea bc the pressure pro is supported by bluefire. My question is for those of you who are using a tablet, where did you mount it, how did you mount it and are you happy with it?

Pictures would be very helpful

49 minutes ago, vwallace said:

I am thinking about running the Blue fire app, I have a brand new pressure pro kit that has never been open with 12 sensors. I wasn't crazy about it being app based but now that I have found the bluefire it is starting to sound like a good idea bc the pressure pro is supported by bluefire. My question is for those of you who are using a tablet, where did you mount it, how did you mount it and are you happy with it?

Pictures would be very helpful

Not a very good vantage point for this pic but it is mounted on a extendable arm that rests on top of the dash and allows the tablet to hang just over the top of the dash.

I can still see most if not all of my analog gauges and lights and have a clear view of the tables as well as not obstruct the view out the front.

I can try and get a better picture this weekend but probably not before then.

Open the picture more and you can see the edge of the dash behind it.

Tablet Dash Mount.jpg

I bought a floor mount that I put on the left of the steering wheel next to the drivers side console.  I can still see everything that I need to see but is out of the way.  It looks something like this as far as mount and ability to adjust position and tilt screen. https://www.ebay.com/itm/313872131081?hash=item49143ca409:g:mGkAAOSwLeZiBq0k

I also installed an plug in under the dash on that side and the Silverleaf box next to it.  All pretty compact and out of the way. 

Silverleaf dispaly.jpg

1 hour ago, Donflem said:

What is a blue fire app?

Don

https://bluefire-llc.com/store

Don't have a picture but suggest a "seat rail mount" that can be found on Amazon.  Various designs have a phone/tablet mount attached to a flexible or adjustable goose neck.  Mine screwed to the bottom of the dash, holds an old netbook (with very old GPS nav software).  Even was able to clamp my XM receiver to the arm.  Lost the flat dash platform vs our previous '98 Endeavor requiring a new mounting approach.  Check out the Amazon options.

Adam

2010 Neptune 37PDQ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee

EDIT!  Here's a picture.  Face of mount has Velcro strategically placed to hold my netbook.

image.thumb.png.ef42c6805a7d99f8c66c8c65bb070ca3.png

Edited by lake49068
Added picture

• 3 months later...

This where I mounted the RAM mount for the 10 inch Dell Notebook in my Windsor and I basically mounted it in the very same place in my Dynasty.

I don't mine using RAM Suction Cup mounts for stuff that doesn't have a lot of weight to it, however, for this application I drilled holes into the side of the driver's area dash that will easily support the notebook, holder, medium RAM arm and 1.5 inch ball ends.

Here are photos of both the Windsor (First 3) and Dynasty mount (4th photo). There is also a photo of my customized screen layout that I use.

Love the SilverLeaf VMSpc. I never use the analog dash gauges as the SilverLeaf screen has everything I need to know without losing sight of the road.

On our trip from SLC to Florida when we brought the Dynasty back home I was lost not having the SilverLeaf to use. The Aladdin System is OK but it still requires you to look down behind the steering wheel same as trying to view any of the dash gauges.

VMSpc-08.JPG

VMSpc-04.JPG

VMSpc-12.JPG

SilverLeaf Dynasty-1.jpg

VMSpc-14.JPG

Edited by Dr4Film

You can go to the Silverleaf website and download the software and play with it.  https://silverleafelectronics.com/?page_id=2386

I'm not familiar with the Alaidn system so not sure but from what I've read the Silverleaf has more options and you can tailor the display to your own tastes.  Richard posted a pretty good example. 

I've done similar but one thing I like about the Silverleaf is that I can setup alarms.  So I've set alarms for low oil pressure, high engine and transmission temp.  I even set one up for max speed, as sometimes on the flat I loose track of how fast I'm going.    You can also do data logging if you are interested in certain parameters, I recently set up one for transmission temp.

The Silverleaf also does provide fault codes but doesn't give you the ability to clear a fault code.

1 hour ago, 4rickyg said:

Does BlueFire and silverleaf just show the same info as my Aladin, or something more? 05 navigator DD 60. Thanks

Don't know anything about Bluefire but the SilverLeaf VMSpc application is SO much more versatile than the Aladdin System and YES, it has the ability to show more on one screen versus having to scroll through many screens to get the same information. All three are getting the same information from the same source, the differences are how the information is displayed.

While driving I like to have my rearview camera on ALL the time using the Aladdin Screen. So, without the SilverLeaf VMSpc I would have to use those antiquated analog gauges which are a PITA to use. You not only have to take your eyes off of the road plus you have to look over the steering wheel. That's an accident waiting to happen!

One BIG advantage is both the BlueFire and SilverLeaf support the Pressure Pro TPMS whereas the Aladdin System does not. Pressure Pro is one of the premier TPMS's available on the market.

I now own the Pressure Pro and like it very much. I will like it even better once I have a workable repeater to eliminate lost signals occasionally. Their solution presently is to string a 50-foot antenna along the bottom of the coach to the rear. Then you have to snake it up into wherever you have the master control mounted. What a joke! Most every other TPMS offer repeaters with their systems. The now-obsolete Legacy Pressure Pro TPMS had a repeater to use but the replacement Pressure Pro Pulse presently does not.

Sorry about getting off topic.

So I use an Arkon Tablet Sticky Suction dash mount for tablet holder ordered from Amazon. Works well but I have to admit it does need an occasional remounting. Suction cups work best with a little moisture on the cup during mounting and I guess it just dries outIMG_3051.thumb.JPG.a62919c0795f827f9bda695a4b73038c.JPG. But I just didn't want to drill holes in the dash. As others have stated,  the VMSpc software from Silverleaf Electronics provides ample information and I find it extremely useful. 

I have been using BlueFire for about 3 years. Made change as BlueFire enabled me to use iPad for Dash. Using existing dash mount screws and nylon spacers I mounted an acrylic plate on dash. Found a set of plastic clips for iPad on Amazon that I glued to acrylic plate. iPad slides into those clips. Yes, it covered up several gauges, but all those are shown on my basic dash layout. Coach is 2000 Diplomat driven off 6 pin J1708 adapter. I had sufficient cabling on Deutsch plug that I could bring adapter to within 16" of my iPad location. 

While not clearly shown in my photos when steering wheel is tilted to comfortable driving position I cannot readily view tach or speedometer. Main item I cannot view are turn signal indicators, but I can hear the flasher loud and clear. 

Since my adapter is older 6 pin on early electronic controlled Cummins I do not get all the data that others may put on their dash. And I like having GPS map on iPad screen so do not try to put all the gauges that other might include. Prefer text gauges for speed and tach. 

In summary, I prefer the BlueFire system over Silverleaf because it works on any Apple product. And support from BlueFire has been better than prior Silverleaf experience. 

Pat C
2000 Monaco Diplomat
2014 Honda CRV

IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_4375.JPG

Any faults that occur in ECM are monitored by BlueFire and are shown on the dash if they should occur. You can read the complete app story by going to https://www.bluefire-llc.com/store/getting-started-document and downloading the Getting Started document. 

Attached image is Faults page of app. I have not had a fault since using Blue-Fire so do not have any to show you. 

Please remember Blue-Fire is being used by truckers, fire departments, heavy equipment and yachts. 

Hope this helps.

Pat C
2000 Monaco Diplomat
2014 Honda CRV

Faults-Page.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good. Be interested to hear how you like going the road.

Pat