Replace Opus 3110 with Thedford Aria Deluxe II

pbustamante41

My cousin has a 2006 Monaco Executive that is new to him and he is slowly replacing items. He is traveling in Florida and the Opus 3110 has stopped working. He thinks it's the motor since the control panel appears to be functioning. He has torn it apart to see if maybe an arm broke but everything appears fine. He is considering replacing with a new toilet   Aria Deluxe II  https://www.thetford.com/product/aria-deluxe-ii/  .  Does anyone have experience with swapping out the Opus to the Aria?  It looks pretty straight forward. He is in Fort Meyers heading to Naples today. 

We replaced an aging Aria Deluxe for an Aria Classic (high profile).  The Deluxe kept have problems with the electric flush.  The installation information provided by Thetford was very straight forward and easy to understand.  You might have to change some plumbing.  We have been extremely happy with the Classic.

• Like 1

I tore out an Aria Deluxe II over 12 years ago and installed the Magnum Opus Toilet. One of the best upgrades to my coach. I would NEVER think about going backwards.

the Aria II went through 3-4 motor/valve assemblies plus it always sounded like a farmer's thrashing machine so using it in the middle of the night was taboo.

A member here, Paul Whittle, would like to have the Magnum Opus if you do indeed remove it. I will let him know what you are intending to do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 11:33 AM, Dr4Film said:

I tore out an Aria Deluxe II over 12 years ago and installed the Magnum Opus Toilet. One of the best upgrades to my coach. I would NEVER think about going backwards.

the Aria II went through 3-4 motor/valve assemblies plus it always sounded like a farmer's thrashing machine so using it in the middle of the night was taboo.

A member here, Paul Whittle, would like to have the Magnum Opus if you do indeed remove it. I will let him know what you are intending to do.

I too have an Aria Deluxe Il and yes it thrashes. I can tolerate that for now, but the blade has begun screeching. It holds water and flushes perfectly. Do you have any suggestion for a lubricant to use on the blade and rubber seal?

• 8 months later...

Wow. Great tips here. We have the Aria, although it must be the first gen because it does not say "II" on it. I don't like it. It's noisy, the flapper and water don't coordinate. Sometimes it works and other times you have to press the button 3-4 times to get it to close. You can't just "walk away" as indicated on the sticker. I never saw the point of an electric toilet. If I change this, I'll put in the best (porcelin) manual commode I can find. The idea of the button is also silly because now you have to bend over and hover over your human waste. At least with the foot flush, you can stand up, like a man, the way God intended.  🙂  LOL

Bottom line, I would not recommend this commode. 

On 2/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, Dr4Film said:

I would like to know more about this "Magnum Opus." Is it musical in some way? 

33 minutes ago, Russell said:

Wow. Great tips here. We have the Aria, although it must be the first gen because it does not say "II" on it. I don't like it. It's noisy, the flapper and water don't coordinate. Sometimes it works and other times you have to press the button 3-4 times to get it to close. You can't just "walk away" as indicated on the sticker. I never saw the point of an electric toilet. If I change this, I'll put in the best (porcelin) manual commode I can find. The idea of the button is also silly because now you have to bend over and hover over your human waste. At least with the foot flush, you can stand up, like a man, the way God intended.  🙂  LOL

Bottom line, I would not recommend this commode. 

I would like to know more about this "Magnum Opus." Is it musical in some way? 

The Magnum opus is no longer available. However, you can still purchase a Dometic Sealand Concerto full porcelain electric toilet I believe. They won't be available that much longer as they are on clearance at Camping World.

SeaLand Concerto All-Ceramic Toilet, White | Camping World

Russell. I have an Opus Magnum in my Windsor. Aside from a simple circuit board replacement it's been wonderful. I've owned this coach less than one year but as per the previous owner of 18yrs, since he installed the Opus Magnum it's been trouble free. As far as flushing. The OM flush handle is on the side of the back part of the unit. Instead of bending over your deposit then flushing I can suggest 2 things. First, just reach back if your sitting and flush. Or, if standing, close the lid then reach down and flush. Personally, I love the electric toilet. I've used the pump pedal style before and they seem less like home. Good luck and happy motoring.