Radiator rubber bushings

Well, it's a little bigger than I thought. 2.5" OD, 5/8" bolt and fits in about 1-5/8" hole in the support. Monaco used a washer just a tiny bit bigger than the hole in the support and it eventually punched down through the middle of the bushings.

It's hard to find dimensions on any stock parts, but looks to be this one:

MACK RADIATOR BUSHING: OEM 20QL295M 25121334 - Bolts, Gaskets, Bushings - Radiators & Accessories (radiatorpros.com)

I ordered a couple of NOS Mack parts off of ebay. Hopefully they fit...

I'll need to take the turbo hoses off to get the bolts out 😞 . Probably overdue for replacement anyway.

Any recommendations on where to get new charge air cooler hoses?

Thanks

Walter

1 hour ago, wamcneil said:

Thanks. New CAC hoses are on the way... I'm hoping that a utility knife will make short work of the old ones!

Yes it will but getting the new ones on will be a bit of a challenge. For me the front one was a bear because of the tight quarters 

Edited by Chargerman

I was worried about that... The old hoses are almost 8" long. I figure they only really need to be 6" though and that might make it a bit easier. Fingers crossed... The rear looks like I might be able to take the bracket loose on the pipe from the turbo and get more clearance.

Edited by wamcneil

figuring out what to call them is the issue.  I bought some from Amazon.  Google this Amazon description of my order and see what you can find.  

Rubber Mounts M8 M6 Anti Vibration Rubber Mount Cylindrical Isolator Vibration Isolation Mounts Shock Absorber Absorption Mount w/Threaded Stud Male Thread Silentblock Car Boat Bobbins, M8 Pack of 4

On 2/26/2022 at 11:02 PM, daveyjo said:

figuring out what to call them is the issue.  I bought some from Amazon.  Google this Amazon description of my order and see what you can find.  

Rubber Mounts M8 M6 Anti Vibration Rubber Mount Cylindrical Isolator Vibration Isolation Mounts Shock Absorber Absorption Mount w/Threaded Stud Male Thread Silentblock Car Boat Bobbins, M8 Pack of 4

Thanks... but these semi-truck radiator hangers are very different from those vibration isolators! These are 2-1/2" in diameter and have a 5/8" bolt through the middle. 

I found a suitable equivalent: Mack P/N 25121334  

Maybe that should be added to the Radiator section of the parts list?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...