wind noise

bradc344

Hi, I have 2008 Holiday Rambler Neptune and around 40-48 mph I have a wind noise and cant figure it out any ideas? All the window have weep hole cover ,I put foam into the rails for the awing , it seems to be coming from the passenger side the door seems to be closed tight . thanks for any information

On 2/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, Tom Whitlow said:

I believe there's a small hole/crack in the pressurized door seal on our coach.  Lazydays (Tampa) is supposed to fix it.  If I EVER get it back from them, I'll know more.

Good luck with Lazy Days in Tampa. I have heard many people that have had poor luck with them. I’ve heard many say they gave good service.

However, I’ve never used them so I have no experience with them. I live in Orlando so they’re too far away. 

7 hours ago, tomevansfl said:

Good luck with Lazy Days in Tampa. I have heard many people that have had poor luck with them. I’ve heard many say they gave good service.

However, I’ve never used them so I have no experience with them. I live in Orlando so they’re too far away. 

There's not a lot of places that work on things like slideouts and major electrical problems.  Lazydays is actually in Seffner right off I-4.  Where do you take your coach for big repairs?

My 03 Windsor had foam inside the arms for the door awning, but I never thought about why until one day a noise started that caused me to look toward the right mirror where I saw the foam blow away.  At about 60 mph the noise, really an unbearable howl, just about ran us crazy before I stopped and bought some pipe foam and stuffed it in the awning arm.  Peace at last, the noise was gone.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:45 AM, bradc344 said:

Joel & Susana what did you fill them with I used solid foam maybe need to redo it thanks

I put the foam tube (pipe insulation) inside (backside) of the door awning supports. Indeed the howl was pretty loud but it certainly worked as a speed warning! Cheap fix.