Washer/Dryer Drain pan

DoubleL

Well started to install the Westland Sales Drain pan today only to find out that the one we have is too narrow. Suppose to be 24"wide but is actually 23 1/2" wide. Also the return window closed on Feb 18th. So upon looking at the area that the washer sits I decided to go a different and cheaper route. Off to Home Depot to buy a water heater drip pan. The area under the washer  on our coach is about 6" deep and 26" wide. a 26" plastic drip pan fits perfect although finding a place to route a drain proved tricky. I actually had to put the drain closer to the middle of the pan in order to clear framework and such underneath the coach but finally worked it out. Added a couple of holes in the plywood that the washer sits on and wallah.

20220221_163428.jpg

20220221_164301.jpg

Not trying to be cynical but how does the water find its way to the holes in the plywood versus running all over in other directions?

I don't pretend to be a physics major but common sense tells me that you need to have a different containment strategy for that to work I would think.

As this is only for emergencies, it will run into the holes or off the back and catch enough water to limit any damage. I am hoping it is never used! Actually the floor under the washer is aluminum on top of fiberglass in our coach.

I said I had one of those square ones but it didn't fit our washer. Even so it would be so tight as there would be no room for water. Washer is 24" wide tray I have is 23 1/2". Only tray available in that size range that I could find. 

Yep I saw those but have you tried to move one of those washers much less pick them up over that lip. Those things weigh a ton. With only space for me in that area to lift it.

Just for the next guy...rubber shower tile underlay material at Home Depot works great.  Run a few inches up the sides and piece of hardwood across the front.  Put your drain wherever works, and the front lip folds flat when you have to pull it out again. 🙂

Really smart people tie a length of 1/4 inch nylon rope around the back feet, tuck it along the sides and then you can pull the monster out easily next time.   Every one I have worked on the cabinet has almost zero side space.  An extra inch would have made the front room way too small. 🧨