Wet bay tank level panel

saflyer

The tank level panel in the wet bay of my 2005 HR Ambassador was recently pulled without disconnecting anything. On the bottom of the panel are 3 openings for switches or buttons. I don’t remember how many selectors were on the bottom of the panel before. Now there is only one which activates the lights to tell how full all of the tanks are. The other two holes are just that, empty holes. This makes me wonder if one or two switches became detached and are lying out of sight behind the panel. Before I spend a lot of time fishing for these switches can anyone tell me if there should be some switch/button in either or both of the holes?

Thanks

A8A03FB9-37E1-4CAC-8F4F-ED9BBA888803.jpeg

On my 2006 Diplomat, the water pump switch is on a different panel. I only have (had) the switch on the left to display levels. 3DF99A3B-AE0F-4CE3-AD41-B8706A055F6D.thumb.jpeg.804e7bdc035fc2bd71f376b938f4e31c.jpeg

Since then I’ve replaced it with SeeLevel gauges and monitor.  I have the old monitor panel shown above if you want it. 

Btw, Ed, if you look at your panel you will see in the top middle a tab. If you have a small screwdriver you push that tab down while prying back with the screwdriver and the cover will come off. The circuit board will be stuck to the backside of the cover with two tabs. Either way, once the cover is off you will see 4 screws, if you take those off then you can pull the bezel off and see what the story is for those two switches. 

20220221_194303.jpg

Edited by Bob Jones
  • Like 1

Here is a picture of another switch panel in my wet bay. So the water pump switch is not one of the ones that might have been in the empty holes at the bottom of the fluid tank/battery display. If there never was anything in either the center or right hole of this panel I can avoid the big pain it will be to remove the entire wet bay wall to find what may have fallen behind it. Chris Throgmartin, are you there? What do you have on the fluid quantity indicator panel?

image.thumb.jpeg.0932159b20edd4a317fc55f4c516b0f4.jpeg

On 2/22/2022 at 9:37 AM, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

As one can see, there are several different models of the switch panel depending on year, model, and type of unit used.

I know. Chris Throgmartin has the “identical” year and model as mine but that doesn’t mean they are the same. Maybe I’ll get lucky.

Ed

4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Did you even read the replies or look at the pictures? Yes, you're still missing the water pump switch. As well as the gas switch. As already stated complete with pics

Look at my last post again Bob. I’m not missing the water pump switch. Now if I had a water heater switch there that would be one answer to my question. But there are two empty holes on the panel and water pump would NOT be one of them.

Guest Ray Davis

Following along and looking at the pictures I can see that Ed has a water pump sw in his wet bay, it's just not part of the tank test panel.

Now, when I look at Scotty's picture it appears those 2 holes are covered by a stick-on cover that says System Monitor.  That sticker is probably what you need to look for.

4 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

I give. You win ! 🙂 at least until you get to the point where you understand there are two water pump switches, one in the wet bay and one by the vanity.....best of luck!

Your right, but I already knew that.

3 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Following along and looking at the pictures I can see that Ed has a water pump sw in his wet bay, it's just not part of the tank test panel.

Now, when I look at Scotty's picture it appears those 2 holes are covered by a stick-on cover that says System Monitor.  That sticker is probably what you need to look for.

That’s what I am trying to determine. Was there ever anything in those two holes or were they covered like Scotty’s?  Does this warrant busting my butt to fish for them dropped somewhere behind the wet bay panel or just assume there was a cover for the two holes and they aren’t used for anything. Simple question in my mind. Ultimately we’re talking about the “ infernal seed of doubt”.

Edited by saflyer