Leaking drain pipe

Hancoman

Hi All

Heading down to Arizona for 5 weeks or so.  Second day out, wife was washing dishes, when she pulled the stopper to drain it sounded different, checked under the sink dry no water. I went outside and I had soapy water dripping out of 3 bays. All other sinks drain properly. Kitchen sink is in the slide out. Obviously broken drain pipe under the sink , how do you get to it ? Is it an easy fix while on the road? Thanks in advance 

Tom 

43’ executive

A timely article. Mine just started leaking and dripping on the inverter. For now I have been covering the inverter with a large plastic bag to keep the water off until I can find the leak. Ivan, I'm assuming that our layout would be the same so I will check under the bath sink. Jim

11 hours ago, engine103 said:

A timely article. Mine just started leaking and dripping on the inverter. For now I have been covering the inverter with a large plastic bag to keep the water off until I can find the leak. Ivan, I'm assuming that our layout would be the same so I will check under the bath sink. Jim

Jim, yes, my access was through false wall behind the sink cabinet in the bathroom and also could see the hose from the hallway through the little door against fridge.

I had same problem. I had to cut the false wall with a reciprocal saw to be be to access the pipe. The flexible white hose had come loose from the hard plastic pipe. I used a repair piece from Home Depot. It has tightening bands on both ends. Mine for some crazy reason had carpet under the plywood. I had to cut what I could so I could pull out the soaked carpet and pad. I then ran a fan inside the opening to dry out what I could not remove 

Just went through this last week. Have an 01 Dynasty.

If yours is the same. Access is behind "accordian" panel.20220226_160326.thumb.jpg.df721bcaac20c228b915ed73c0b55abc.jpg pic is upside down sorry. Under sink you must remove floor, which just lifts out. Then note screws on the left panel. 4 must be removed. 20220226_160350.thumb.jpg.1160822889b091711909f18c050c5090.jpg Look in with a flashlight and you should see a small braided wire. Unhook it and the panel will roll open. Pipes are accessible from there.20220226_144543.thumb.jpg.815ab131f3e0f8fc1394ef93604b141c.jpg

Mine was broken right at top connector. Thought ok just reconnect. It will only be an inch shorter. My bad.

Reconnect. Done. 

Three times in and out with slide...leaking again. The 20 year old pipe cracked at the bend. Had to go back In and replace entire pipe along with both connections which broke while taking it apart.

That looks easy but my accordion panel-is only quarter exposed when my slide is out. Pulled a panel under the bathroom sink couldn’t see anything there probably in the cupboard next to the sink. I have a bad shoulder so my maneuverability is limited but I will keep looking.

CE40D533-D3A1-4596-81B2-A137BC13DD41.jpeg

18 hours ago, Jerry G said:

Just went through this last week. Have an 01 Dynasty.

If yours is the same. Access is behind "accordian" panel.20220226_160326.thumb.jpg.df721bcaac20c228b915ed73c0b55abc.jpg pic is upside down sorry. Under sink you must remove floor, which just lifts out. Then note screws on the left panel. 4 must be removed. 20220226_160350.thumb.jpg.1160822889b091711909f18c050c5090.jpg Look in with a flashlight and you should see a small braided wire. Unhook it and the panel will roll open. Pipes are accessible from there.20220226_144543.thumb.jpg.815ab131f3e0f8fc1394ef93604b141c.jpg

Mine was broken right at top connector. Thought ok just reconnect. It will only be an inch shorter. My bad.

Reconnect. Done. 

Three times in and out with slide...leaking again. The 20 year old pipe cracked at the bend. Had to go back In and replace entire pipe along with both connections which broke while taking it apart.

That was similar to my failure.  The connection at the end of the flex pipe wasn’t secured and that caused the rigid section of pipe to move as the slide went in/out. It would up snapping near the elbow at the back of the cabinet. Had to replace most of the drain plumbing in the kitchen slideout. 
I hope yours winds up being an easier fix!
Cheers

Walter