Pressure Pro Pulse TPMS

Dr4Film

Just spent approximately 30 minutes setting up my new Pressure Pro Pulse TPMS which I purchased to take with me to Salt Lake City where we are picking up our 2006 Monaco Dynasty. I wanted to get it completely configured PRIOR to arriving so I wouldn't have any problems which could delay leaving the storage facility on time.

The new PP Pulse monitor was so easy to do the initial configuration followed by adding each sensor position. I actually used the front passenger side tire from my Windsor to setup each sensor. I had previously labeled each of the 12 sensors with location abbreviations. Then it was just a matter of following the screen prompts and screw on the appropriate sensor for the tire location. I did that for the 8 sensors assigned to the coach followed with the 4 sensors assigned to the car.

The sensor recognizes the psi that is in that tire as the base psi which obviously is not what it should be, however, I was able to go into the menu settings and adjust the base pressures for each axle as to what my aim psi's should be for each axle.

The entire process was a cakewalk.

I am a VERY Happy Camper right now!

I would strongly recommend the Pressure Pro Pulse TPMS if you are searching for a trustworthy reliable TPMS.

I will post a follow-up on the daily performance of the PP Pulse TPMS sometime next week once we have been on the road for a few days driving our coach back to Florida.

Edited by Dr4Film

After talking at length with Randy from Best RV and Truck Supply aka rvtirepressure.com where I purchased the TPMS, he stated that most likely I wouldn't need either one. He said that the cable extender is more for OTR truckers with tandem rigs where they would mount the 50-foot extender under their trailer.

I had a small right angle antenna laying around which I screwed into the antenna plug. That's what I plan to use for this trip which is obviously without a towed.

When I start using the towed behind the coach in May, I will have a better idea of what the signal reception quality will be then. If problems creep up, I can always revert to the Dipole Antenna later.

20220226_173004.jpg

20220226_172825.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The following is my evaluation of the Pressure Pro Pulse TPMS that I purchased to use on our 2006 Dynasty that we purchased in Salt Lake City and drove 3000 miles back home to Florida.

I chose to setup the TPMS while at home before arriving to pick up the coach.

The setup procedure was VERY easy to perform if you follow their directions. Once the initial setup is complete and the vehicle(s) have been added, I chose to add the sensors using my Windsor front passenger side tire which was set at 100 psi. I prelabeled each sensor with labels I had made with a label maker I own. I followed the screen prompts and added each sensor waiting only a few seconds for the signal to be recognized. Once done, I went into the setup screen to readjust the Base Pressures for each axle as the "Base Pressure" is set automatically when you add the sensors which obviously was wrong for the axles on the Dynasty we were picking up. I set the steer to 110 psi, the drive to 95 psi and the tag to 85 psi. Once the coach is fully loaded for our normal travel, I will corner weigh it and readjust the tire psi's based on the new corner weights plus reset the Base Pressures for each axle.

Once in Salt Lake City, I installed all 8 sensors and powered up the display. Off we went on our trip back to Florida.

With the small little antenna on the monitor and over the course of the next two days I had multiple dropped signals on the passenger side TAG axle each day. I then removed the small antenna and added the Di-pole antenna that came with the monitor. That didn't seem to help at all. I called Randy where I had ordered the TPMS and talked with him about the problem. I thought that I had one "bad" sensor however he suggested that I may have to purchase the 50-foot antenna and run it under the coach from the front to the rear. UGH! They do NOT offer any repeater for this TPMS. I then told him that I would swap the steer passenger side sensor with the tag passenger side sensor to determine whether it is a "bad" sensor or a communication problem. Over the next three days I had no dropped signals from any sensor. Then for whatever reasons I had some dropped signals on various tires during the balance of the trip. So, I think to have a reliable signal there needs to be either a repeater or antenna(s) installed to eliminate the dropped signals.

The coach is 42 foot long and I haven't even added the four sensors to our Toad car which will make the signal distance even longer for the car back to the monitor sitting up front.

Bottomline, I really like the TPMS, but still need to resolve the signal issue as I do not want to deal with dropped signals all the time. I had that problem with the Doran TPMS I had first purchased back in 2010. Got rid of that 2 years later and purchased the Tire SafeGuard TPMS. The other aspect of the TPMS that I noticed is the display goes dark with only a small Green LED light when all is well. I have been used to a screen that displays the psi & temperature of each tire and scrolls through the set of tires automatically. This display shows nothing until there is a fault. Randy stated that you can manually scroll through the screen any time to see what each tire is doing if needed. Now that I have that information, it is important that all of the alarm levels are set correctly especially for low & high psi otherwise you may not get an alarm or get too many.

This is where I purchased the Pressure Pro Pulse TPMS. The monitor was $340 and each sensor is $50.

PressurePro Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS Pressure Pro (rvtirepressure.com)

Richard - thanks for the informative review.  At a cost of around $840+tax for my 10 tires, you have highlighted the very reason I am still researching the purchase of a TPMS and have yet to pull the trigger.  What is your next step?  Running the antenna? If so, will you do that yourself or pay someone? (the latter would have to be my choice).  Again, thanks for taking the time to do this review.  I appreciate the benefit of your experience.   I'm committed to finding a good TPMS solution!  I would also like one that scrolled thru the sensors, but the lack is not a deal breaker. 

It sounds like you had some long days of driving... glad you made it safely.  Get some rest! 

Steve P

I went through the process of researching for a new TPMS in 2020.  I ended up buying a TST507 system.  Since installing it for a trip last year it has worked flawlessly on the 6 sensors for the coach,  I don't have any on my jeep (my bad).   I did buy 4 extra sensors recently and will install at some point.   The TST did come with a repeater but I had not installed it.  The sensor have a replaceable battery, a 5 minute job.   The TST does continually scroll through the tires for temp and psi.  Twice now the sensor did warn of lower pressure when outside temps caused psi in tires to drop.  I also had a high temp alarm after descending a long steep grade where I had to apply hard braking pressure all the way down, Pacbrake worked but would not keep the coach slowed down due to the grade.  Overall pleased with the TST system.  FWIW, several years ago there was a pole on IRV2 and 75% of the people who replied had the TST system for a TPMS!

I had a Hopkins system before that had a problem of lost signals even with a repeater.  The Hopkins sensors had permanent batteries and you had to replace the whole sensor when the battery died.  Never again on that type. 

I have been using Eeztire system for 6+ years now. No extender, no antenna, 12 sensors, none of the issues above, it just works. If a sensor goes out, I replace the battery, maybe 2 sensors do that per year after the initial few years. Easy. My monitor is mounted on bottom of the windshield, out of the way and out of my reach while driving so a continuous display is a must for me. No hype about is but it got the same functions as most others and looks like for less.

Richard,

Thanks for the review, if you need to run that wire to the back, most if not all roadmaster chassis have a pipe from the front to the back just for wires like that.     My windsor had one and dynasty  has one.    It should be next to one of the big rails.    I will try to post a pic, I need to run a few CAT-6 runs for video and network myself.

Thanks, Grandville,

That would be plan B for me.

Plan A is I would really like to find a repeater or build one that talks in the same frequency that the Pressure Pro Pulse does. I am hoping that my two brothers who are EE's can help me with that.

I plan to speak with Randy from RVTirepressure.com tomorrow to let him know the outcome of my trip by switching the two sensors from front to back.

Guest Ray Davis
2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Thanks, Grandville,

That would be plan B for me.

Plan A is I would really like to find a repeater or build one that talks in the same frequency that the Pressure Pro Pulse does. I am hoping that my two brothers who are EE's can help me with that.

I plan to speak with Randy from RVTirepressure.com tomorrow to let him know the outcome of my trip by switching the two sensors from front to back.

Richard,

If you have repeater in the Windsor why not give it a try, who knows it just might work.

Ray, the one currently in the Windsor is for the Tire SafeGuard TPMS. I guess I could try it, but I would think that they are frequency controlled based on the frequency the sensors are putting out.

I would imagine that a repeater is simply a receiver and transmitter all in one package.

Well, after some extensive research on current TPMS Repeaters there are a number of systems available with the same frequency, 433.92 MHz.

Upon checking the Tire SafeGuard TPMS frequency that they had used it turns out to be the same. So, I will remove the repeater from my Windsor and install it in the Dynasty.

On my next trip I will see if it makes a difference. Hopefully it will.

Thanks for the "push", Ray. I think you may have saved me some money and time.

Guest Ray Davis

Richard,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        I naively assumed ( dangerous sometimes ) that our TPMS were limited to just a small range of frequencies and that you might luck out.   

Glad you did and hope it works. 

In your research did you note the number of different frequencies?

Edited by Ray Davis

Richard,

I also bought the PressurePro Pulse FX TPMS for my Windsor and Jeep.  They did suggest to mount it if possible in a bay near the center of the coach.  I have a 12V outlet near my inverter bay, so I mounted the unit there, and I did not have any issues with connectivity with all sensors on my last trip.

I went with the PressurePro for the reason that it is able to be on my phone with alerts and push notifications.  I am one of those whose DNA likes everything on my phone.  Although if I wanted a dedicated screen I can use an old phone with bluetooth for display.

So far very happy with the results.  And time will tell about the battery life on these.

Guest Ray Davis
2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I found a few different frequencies but the most common one was the 433.92 MHz.

Thanks Richard, this little discovery we made may help others.

• 4 weeks later...

Great topic folks I am pulling the plug after 20 years on the road and ordering a system.

I decided to go with the TST507 based on reviews here and then reading dozens of others. 

My towed vehicle has tire sensors that are internal (wrapped around the wheels I guess) and I was wondering if any of you have any idea if the two systems will work in harmony or if they will fight each other for frequency spectrum. 

I have placed the order but I was just wondering what to expect. 

Thanks Ken

Edited by Grampy OG
correct mistake

I have a Honda C-RV with internal tpms. I added external tpms sensors from TST and these work very well for me. No communications issues that I have found.

The individual sensors must be paired to the receiver so that it recognizes the device and can assign it to the correct wheel position.