Kitchen Faucet won't stay on

Dale n Deb

Perhaps a picture of the faucet would help. My guess is it need a really good cleaning. Have you tried that? Also, you might remove it and take it apart. There might be a plastic sleeve that is broken inside. Finally,, unless you're really in love with that faucet, any kitchen faucet can be a replacement. Maybe even an upgrade....Dennis

I agree with Dennis, a photo of the faucet would be helpful.

Never had that problem with any of the faucets I have installed in the kitchen. However, after purchasing the coach back in 2003 that was the very first item to be replaced due to the amount of mineral deposits and the fact that it was plastic.

Here is a pic. Dale tried tightening up the screw and it worked for about a week before loosening up again. Took me a minute to figure out how to add a pic. There are no markings on it to identify who made it.

0412201211_HDR.jpg

if it's a Delta type faucet, there is a brass or plastic nut that screws down to hold the ball in place. It can be tightened a to put more friction on the ball. You can access it by removing the handle. You may wish to buy a repair kit. The kit will have a special wrench that has an allen on one side to remove the handle and a spanner wrench to tighten the nut. 

Try removing the plug in the front and see if you can tighten it that way before you replace it. There should be a plug where the red/blue dots are. An allen wrench is necessary to tighten.. If it is a Danze, they have a lifetime warranty.....Dennis

Edited by Dennis H