Battery Tender Recommendation

russ2528

I just replaced my engine and house batteries today with Duracell flooded batteries. What battery tender is recommended? Do I need a 6v tender for the house batteries or a separate 12v since they are wired to put out 12v to the house.

Thanks in advance, you guys always have great info.

Russ

I have a NOCO 2 bank charger, my batteries are both 12v, but the carger will  do 6v or 12v and each bank is independent.  Bonus if you are a veteran, contact them and they will send you a veteran discount code.😁

Edited by RBRODDER

If you just plug in your motorhome you probably won't need a battery tender. Your converter charger should be a three stage charger and it should maintain your house batteries perfectly. As new as your rig is it will most likely maintain your chassis batteries also. That's easy to check. After you've been plugged in for a while just see if the chassis batteries are at around 13v or a little more. If they are nothing more is needed. And you don't need to be plugged in to 50 amps. You can reduce down to a regular 15 amp plug and that will be good enough for battery charging.