splendied washer wfl1300xs valve hot

JDCrow

Good eve,

We just returned home from a driving vacation, didn’t take coach. Anyway on our “home” rig we have a stackable Splendid washer and dryer. 

Well, when we left it was 65 degrees, but it got below zero several nights and the person we had looking after things didn’t come during that time and we froze up as it ran out of propane. I have everything back together, and seems to be holding, thankfully not a big mess. I’ll have to replace some pex T’s as they are leaking. They used a cheaper flexible white pipe to the T’s and used pex clamps to hold it on. I’ll go through and add valves to shut down various runs to each faucet, water heater etc. it’s just all ran together And I cannot isolate stuff.

We did turn the water of to the 5ver and drained black/grey tanks and left tank and water heater on so they are all good.

The last thing is the washer hot valve is stuck open, so when I got the water back on, the washer filled up. Has anyone replace the valves before? Seems like a simple job but was also wondering if there is a cheaper replacement that works that I can get locally and not spend the amount on the splendide one as I assume it won’t be cheap as they are imported. Thanks in advance 

Edited by JDCrow

We froze up the washer 3 weeks ago because the feed runs under the bed into the back closet and  along the back wall. I put heaters under the bed and in the closet but the valve only unfroze a day later! I was just about to take it apart but ran the dryer only with some damp clothes in it, and it worked! 

9 minutes ago, Rick A said:

We froze up the washer 3 weeks ago because the feed runs under the bed into the back closet and  along the back wall. I put heaters under the bed and in the closet but the valve only unfroze a day later! I was just about to take it apart but ran the dryer only with some damp clothes in it, and it worked! 

Awesome! Is yours an all in one unit? (combo) 

So an update. We have the 1300XD washer. Got the valve out, it’s an $89-$100 part at retailers.

I called Splendide, they are in Clackmas Oregon. They asked when I bought the Machine, it’s been less than a year, they said it’s in the mail, no charge…..AWESOME

43A243BA-CE35-4120-93C8-0F5979009DC5.jpeg

48A358B8-52FD-40D0-B125-4791493B64D7.jpeg

BEE9EC5B-3274-4D88-9408-71F9BFA4A5A0.jpeg

00AD1174-D1BF-4FB7-B805-CD508DC8B8C4.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...