FINAL FIX FOR M80 STEERING BOX

Reported earlier about hitting a giant pothole in South Carolina on I85N. I was towed by a very good tow driver to Carolina Upstate Diesel in Greer,SC. They were backed up on work for 5 days but had my MH fixed on Feb 21st.I picked it up on the 24th. They removed the steer box and had it rebuilt locally. It works like a dream. This shop mainly works on MH chassis and engines. Luckly for me to find them as we were stuck in a rest area for 3 nights. I highly recommend them.

Bob U  2000 Dip

P.S. They charged me $1,744 for the work. Very friendly and a delight to do business with them.

Bob U 2000 Dip

• Thanks 1

Where, on I-85 was that pothole? I'm getting ready to travel that route.

Thanks.

Ron,

It was on a bridge between mile marker 13 and 14 going north on I 85 in SC. It cracked a seal on the steering box and I lost all fluid. I see you are still full timing it. Did you attend Monaco Rally this year ?

Bob U 2000 Dip

Bob - thanks for the reply. No, on the rally and yes to the fulltiming.

Mr. Ambassador ,

They took it to spring service for the rebuild. I don't know if that is the name of the company. Carolina Upstate Diesel can tell you. Phone # 864-655-4446. The rebuild was $820. The repair shop had to torch the bolts to get them off as they were frozen. I did not have hardly any play before and none now. Coach has 130,300 miles on it. The pothole cracked a seal.

Bob U 2000Dip