Lost partial power to drivers seat. 06 Dynasty Platinum IV

GNRACN
Go to solution Solved by Old Dog,

Seam to not have power or response from main up/dn, fwd / bk, tilt and raise switch. Lumbar works and chair cushion moves frwd. and bkwrd. Prior to this problem I turned chair around and no power at all functions of chair. Upon removing wire loom covering discovered wires had fell out of the twist wire nuts (3) of them, obviously was a previous problem not properly repaired. I have three wires from coach  #12 white (hot) all the time of which I attached two red #16ga. one with white stripe and one with black stripe. One green ground #12 to which I attached two black wires from chair that were indicated as ground. One orange #16ga. which I connected to yellow from chair. I see what looks like a control module under seat cushion. Hmmm. Any direction or advice greatly appreciated. Chair is off from pedestal platform at the moment so that I can see quite a bit underneath. I thought that one time I had seen something about a 1.3 amp fuse related to the power seat? Don't know where that came from though.

Mine had a loose connection for the toggle handle. I had power to it but if I remember the ground needed tightening. If u need a new switch, check out the following website. She makes new upholstery for the Flexsteel captains chairs and carries some parts.

https://www.burnsautoupholstery.com/contact

image.thumb.jpeg.d35e8ca04d57fcec2dbce019e5079de3.jpeg

6 hours ago, GNRACN said:

Seam to not have power or response from main up/dn, fwd / bk, tilt and raise switch. Lumbar works and chair cushion moves frwd. and bkwrd. Prior to this problem I turned chair around and no power at all functions of chair. Upon removing wire loom covering discovered wires had fell out of the twist wire nuts (3) of them, obviously was a previous problem not properly repaired. I have three wires from coach  #12 white (hot) all the time of which I attached two red #16ga. one with white stripe and one with black stripe. One green ground #12 to which I attached two black wires from chair that were indicated as ground. One orange #16ga. which I connected to yellow from chair. I see what looks like a control module under seat cushion. Hmmm. Any direction or advice greatly appreciated. Chair is off from pedestal platform at the moment so that I can see quite a bit underneath. I thought that one time I had seen something about a 1.3 amp fuse related to the power seat? Don't know where that came from though.

In my RV, if not all, don’t they use the white for ground?

• Solution

As previous stated, white is negative in automotive applications (if black and white. If red and black, black is negative) if you wire it the way you described it will probably reverse all the functions since DC Motors are polarity specific. You will get 12 vdc on the white wire since you are testing battery voltage at the negative terminal of the battery. Green is NOT ground on 12dc automotive applications. You said 3 wires from the coach, white, green and orange, and from the chair you have Red/white and Red/black as well as 2 black and 1 orange. a lot of possible combinations.

You should consult a schematic for the system to sort it correctly. Good luck