Took her out for a spin

Very nice JD! Last week i got to take mine out to a place called Collins lake, from my house to there was only about 150 miles. I met up with a buddie of mine who had decided to teach me how to fish, last time i fished that was over 50 years ago. So for his lesson i brought along a fresh bottle of whistel pig which as you can guess brought out our fishing stories😂 The lake is still operating in its “winter season” the weather was crisp, i gotC3664A62-E169-4D46-81D1-88F9761CD775.thumb.jpeg.506a4b39f3d68abb649d1044911eb5c0.jpeg866FCB99-B2A9-4020-9712-DA659529EA17.thumb.jpeg.9af781adbe90aea099276c69b31c8ed1.jpeg to take plenty of naps, and just plain enjoy my rig. The “Big boy” ran awsome an though i have yet to fill the tank to determine what type of fuel milage i got it was just fun getting it back on the road. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

Very nice JD! Last week i got to take mine out to a place called Collins lake, from my house to there was only about 150 miles. I met up with a buddie of mine who had decided to teach me how to fish, last time i fished that was over 50 years ago. So for his lesson i brought along a fresh bottle of whistel pig which as you can guess brought out our fishing stories😂 The lake is still operating in its “winter season” the weather was crisp, i gotC3664A62-E169-4D46-81D1-88F9761CD775.thumb.jpeg.506a4b39f3d68abb649d1044911eb5c0.jpeg866FCB99-B2A9-4020-9712-DA659529EA17.thumb.jpeg.9af781adbe90aea099276c69b31c8ed1.jpeg to take plenty of naps, and just plain enjoy my rig. The “Big boy” ran awsome an though i have yet to fill the tank to determine what type of fuel milage i got it was just fun getting it back on the road. 

So awesome! My favorite thing to do, FISH! Congrats on the stringer full and for getting out. Glad yours ran well. These rigs are just amazing to me. My wife doesn’t quite understand the love affair I have with Pearl.

We ran down to AZ for a bit, but didn’t take the girl as we worried about snow/ice each way. While down there we rented a UTV, what a blast. So many miles of trails in AZ, I highly recommend everyone try on if heading to AZ

Stay Fishy

4D1E891F-ADB8-4250-A9FF-E598F95674E1.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
  • Like 1

I get that, were supposed to be heading out in April to a town called Coldsprings Nevada to run our UTV out in the desert, because of the rise in fuel prices were concidering staying at a motel. Seems there are many considerations before making any trip, however if my shoulder had not developed issues i would have made the trip to Quartsite an probably still be there. Last year found a 55+ Community rv park that was cheap, quiet, an out in the desert. 

4 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

I get that, were supposed to be heading out in April to a town called Coldsprings Nevada to run our UTV out in the desert, because of the rise in fuel prices were concidering staying at a motel. Seems there are many considerations before making any trip, however if my shoulder had not developed issues i would have made the trip to Quartsite an probably still be there. Last year found a 55+ Community rv park that was cheap, quiet, an out in the desert. 

Crazy! We went through Quartsite a few time last week. We stayed in Havasu and Yuma. I’ve never seen so many RV of all shapes, sizes, configurations as I did down there. We didn’t have time to stop and check it out more. Prices for anything are sky high now and getting higher. Our friend is an agent in Yuma. She’s hopping right now. 

Edited by JDCrow

Yeah I considered Yuma for a while but then discovered that there seems to be a lot of “activity” there that I didn’t feel comfortable with so thats why my plan was the park outside of Quartsite. The compleate cost is $1500 for 6 mo

15 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

Yeah I considered Yuma for a while but then discovered that there seems to be a lot of “activity” there that I didn’t feel comfortable with so thats why my plan was the park outside of Quartsite. The compleate cost is $1500 for 6 mo

Oh yeah. Lots of individuals are re-homed in Gila Bend and make their way over to Yuma 

Yes, 2019 Maveric X3 RC One of our plans was to take a trip to Mexico with it to run part of the Baja. The tour company states required equipment so i been adding it as i go. Originally our neighbors an us were all gonna go. Looks like plans may be on hold for a bit.1566690A-E74F-4E52-B2DF-E4AAF845CC59.thumb.jpeg.8bb1688fe3662c9d5eb1a53969342142.jpeg7F495088-A19C-461F-B8B9-92DD120F8C4E.thumb.jpeg.6a973c7c3cf7ecb4a4903ee7fd4d5a06.jpeg

I do the electrical stuff, one of my neighbors does fabricating, an the other is fill in as we need22C93CD6-7A9E-4650-885D-7DB69E33DB9D.thumb.jpeg.21b663b76aaa2967889380ea7783c5b9.jpegD522C3C5-DE63-478B-B9CA-E39022E4DC05.thumb.jpeg.f6d965f95b7438589578040415d8b15d.jpeg

10 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

Yes, 2019 Maveric X3 RC One of our plans was to take a trip to Mexico with it to run part of the Baja. The tour company states required equipment so i been adding it as i go. Originally our neighbors an us were all gonna go. Looks like plans may be on hold for a bit.1566690A-E74F-4E52-B2DF-E4AAF845CC59.thumb.jpeg.8bb1688fe3662c9d5eb1a53969342142.jpeg7F495088-A19C-461F-B8B9-92DD120F8C4E.thumb.jpeg.6a973c7c3cf7ecb4a4903ee7fd4d5a06.jpeg

I do the electrical stuff, one of my neighbors does fabricating, an the other is fill in as we need22C93CD6-7A9E-4650-885D-7DB69E33DB9D.thumb.jpeg.21b663b76aaa2967889380ea7783c5b9.jpegD522C3C5-DE63-478B-B9CA-E39022E4DC05.thumb.jpeg.f6d965f95b7438589578040415d8b15d.jpeg

That thing is awesome! We rented a razor 1000, as that is what they had. I’m a huge Bombardier fan. We are a few years off, but the Commander  XT-P has me drooling. Love the HDS also, great units and I see the rugged radio. Headsets are a must, these things are LOUD.

I hope you get your trip lined up 

Edited by JDCrow

Yeah theres a learning curve with the HDS, i have got some of it down however from where the wife is she cant see it when were driving cause in order to wear her helmet she removes her glasses. We have the rugged radio that is analog or digital but by far the BEST mod we installed was the intercom that allows helmit to helmit Communication you can just talk to each other while driving, awsome. I also installed the pumper that blows air into the top of your helmet which keeps dirt out an keeps the lens fog free, however im still unsure if the PCI company pumper might not be better then the rugged. All in all its a lot of fun, however this sport is not for people to do solo, its imparitive you have other cars running with you. Stuff happens, your stuck, an will need to walk home or worse, plus there is not always phone coverage, and as good as they are the Radios are limited.

Thats why my neighbor and i are building our trailer to be recovery units as well.

34 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

Yeah theres a learning curve with the HDS, i have got some of it down however from where the wife is she cant see it when were driving cause in order to wear her helmet she removes her glasses. We have the rugged radio that is analog or digital but by far the BEST mod we installed was the intercom that allows helmit to helmit Communication you can just talk to each other while driving, awsome. I also installed the pumper that blows air into the top of your helmet which keeps dirt out an keeps the lens fog free, however im still unsure if the PCI company pumper might not be better then the rugged. All in all its a lot of fun, however this sport is not for people to do solo, its imparitive you have other cars running with you. Stuff happens, your stuck, an will need to walk home or worse, plus there is not always phone coverage, and as good as they are the Radios are limited.

Thats why my neighbor and i are building our trailer to be recovery units as well.

Ahhh never thought about air. The rental company gave us a “Spot” emergency locator in case of all out emergency.

What kind of tools, spare parts do you have? 

I’ve looked into a company that guides down in Baja. Our pickup would need to have 2 spares, radio, and lowrance just to be considered to go. They have a chase truck with trailer that follows and a mechic that drives it. It’s not horribly priced for a vacation. Not sure wife will let me take her truck though 

. .  

Yeah the locator would be a great idea incase…

As far as tools were REALLY limited on space, i made room on our rear rack we made, one half is fir cooler, the other is a milk crate that holds small air compressor an tubless tire repair, lug wrench, metricc wrenches , sockets, ratchet, 3/8 dr electric impacct,E71DF26C-064D-428D-8D22-48E5849EF6DA.thumb.jpeg.febf57f1f144ab9579592975ee687c1d.jpeg

We used to carry a jack in the bag which took up alot of room, however now i bought one that mounts to the roll bar with its own mount (can you sence a theme here $$$) there is such limited space with these rigs you really have to be able to articulate any space available, we or i should say I wanted to carry a few gallons of fuel however short of mounting it on the roof there is just not much room left without strapping it on the dash🤦‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Rikadoo said:

We used to carry a jack in the bag which took up alot of room, however now i bought one that mounts to the roll bar with its own mount (can you sence a theme here $$$) there is such limited space with these rigs you really have to be able to articulate any space available, we or i should say I wanted to carry a few gallons of fuel however short of mounting it on the roof there is just not much room left without strapping it on the dash🤦‍♂️

Yeah the RZR we rented had very little space. I think it’s why I lean to the Commander. But as I mentioned, we are years away from looking. We don’t have many trails to ride here in Oregon. I just added kayaking to my list of hobbies, 😂 

With water running low, it’s been hard to get my boat in places, and to get away from people, hence the kayak. Setting up the toad to pack two yaks with us on adventures. 

9B17FC0D-25DA-4D9A-8684-C061DE59D1FC.jpeg

Its funny last year i flew to South Carolina to see sis an hubbie, we drove to Florida to see there fam an friends. While we were there my bro in law an his friends took me kiayaking it was the 1st for me, i really enjoyed it, however where they took me put me edge. We yaked down the econ loc hatchi waterway … if i saw one 1 i must have seen 30 alligator they kept telling me there not a problem, however “just dont fall overboard” when we finished the ride i thought they were gonna have to pull the boat out of my ass. I 17028AD1-37DB-42FC-BEE3-6ADD9ACC67AB.thumb.jpeg.948e12a99adfca7de472e21199ec7f26.jpeg

believe i may buy one as it was great to paddel around lookin at stuff. I used to own Jet Skis an i will say they changed camping by water as you had away to get around, i kinda figure yaks would do the same.