Windshield retractable shade problem

Our 08 Endeavor has separate driver and passenger front window sun shades. The drivers side will now go down but not back up. Changes the switch and still have the problem.

Does anyone know who made these or where we could get a motor or a way to repair

Sounds more like a contorller problem. They usually just reverse the volage to make it go up or down. If that is the case it won't be the motor.

Also could be a programming problem. Google "programing a MCD electric shade". Try that first. I bought my shade motor on EBAY for about $25.

You'll have to determine which brand of shade you have, some one mentioned MCD, I have Carefree. 

I was able to get a replacement motor for mine on AMAZON. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071XCX1LH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got the 50 rpm version which matched my old one.  Motor slightly shorter but worked great.  I bought 2 to keep one as a spare. 

I don't even know what kind I have but it is a two wire connection and I struggle to imagine why the motor would turn one way and not even try the other IF it gets the correct reversed voltage? Unless there is a sort of a brake to keep it from rolling, I would test it for correct voltage  right at the motor leads first.

My guess is that the shades are just stuck to the ceiling. 

Don't break the end supports, mine had one broke and I could not find any from Carefree or any other source. 

There is a stop mechanism that was used on mine, it basically has a slot that the shade screen runs through.  It might have jammed an not letting the motor reverse.  The motor is a high torque type so there is no actual brake. 

I bet it is a MCD if it has two screws at the end. Mind did not have any marking what so ever as to the mfg. You just have to know. Pull the motor out and look for that. I think they all us the same motors. So look for number on the motor. GOOGLE the motor number.

Not sure what you have.  We have MCD.  When mine did that it was the relay.  It had stuck in "up" direction.  The shade would never reverse and go back down.  Mine is on one of the chassis multiples chains, your 08 might have that system, I don't know.  I have to take mine to the REV center in Coburg as they seem to be the only source this side of the Mississippi that has the software and laptop to fix the system.  In the mean time I installed a double pole/double throw switch to temporarily fix the problem.  Your's may be different.  The chassis multiplex switch chains are cheap enough, it's just the cost of diesel to get there that will be expensive for me.  A volt meter will tell you if you are getting a constant 12 volts to you motor, that was my issue, (stuck relay is my guess).

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

Woody has a point, my relays on my 2009 DYN are behind the front TV set and are separate modules that can be replaced or fixed. Check it out.

Try moving the shades that do work and have someone listen by the TV to see if they hear clicking. If you do then more that likely that maybe your problem.

Good luck.