Essex Keypad Unlocks But No Longer Locks

All of a sudden the Essex 1701 keypad on my 2002 Dynasty Baroness no longer locks the entry door or bay doors. It does still unlock them all.  I have reset the keypad and tried all of the lock codes. Looked at all the wires for loose connections but could see nothing wrong. 

The keypad must activate an actuator. Does anyone know where this is located?

19 minutes ago, vito.a said:

Check the brass contacts inside the door hinge.  You can clean them with contact cleaner. 

Suggestion: During your reset of the Essex 1701 keypad did you power down the system.  A power down "reboot" might be the answer.

Do you know who made your door? Similar to this? They also have a 2 contact version.

Screenshot_20220304-195105_Chrome.jpg

Just a thought, my door is only using 2 of the 4 contacts and the whole thing can be flipped in the frame to use the other 2 if worn, as needed. Also, I doubt a bad door contact would cause a problem with you baggage doors. My TouchPad brain box is behind the gauges and uses 2 automotive type 87a relays, one to open, other to close. I had to replace one already. Not saying yours is the same but could be...

I just replaced my contacts on my 01 executive. The cargo doors would lock but not the entry door. Veurinks RV has most of these parts. The actuator for my system is in the front run bay.

Screenshot_20220305-070800_Chrome.thumb.jpg.17590d26deb86392d636623ead8e1471.jpg

Edited by Flyinhy
Added content

Look for the wiring diagram/colors on the Essex and test by grounding the Lock outputs at the back of the Essex. The Essex works by grounding a wire, which provides ground ‘signal’ to a lock relay. By grounding each of the lock/unlock wires you can determine if the problem is internal to the Essex, or something in the coach wiring. 
Cheers

Walter

7 hours ago, wamcneil said:

Look for the wiring diagram/colors on the Essex and test by grounding the Lock outputs at the back of the Essex. The Essex works by grounding a wire, which provides ground ‘signal’ to a lock relay. By grounding each of the lock/unlock wires you can determine if the problem is internal to the Essex, or something in the coach wiring. 
Cheers

Walter

Walter,

Thanks for the advice. I jumped the black wire (ground) to the white wire (unlock) and the doors all unlocked. Jumping the ground wire to the orange wire (lock) all the doors unlocked. This seems to indicate that the keypad is bad. 

I haven’t removed the keypad yet to diagnose as I didn’t know if there were any user serviceable parts inside. At worst, I could install a push button switch that jumped the ground and lock wires as a cheap solution. It’s mainly the bay doors that I want to lock and unlock remotely, without having to go around and manually lock each with a key.

Do you think there any point removing the keypad?

The wiring all goes to the brain box in the dash.  The keypad is just another key fob just mounted on the coach.  If you depress the lock function on your keychain & nothing happens, it’s not related to the number pad… it’s the control box in dash