2006 Dynasty Diamond 42

Hi! Finally picked up my first coach yesterday.  We have a pedestal dining table in front of the couch. We think there is a jackknife bed behind it.  Don’t know how to move the big wooden pedestal. Also, we don’t know if it is moveable. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Dwight Lindsey said:

That does not sound like an original piece of furniture.  Pictures would be helpful.

Dwight

9 minutes ago, Dwight Lindsey said:

That does not sound like an original piece of furniture.  Pictures would be helpful.

Dwight

Thank you Dwight.  I will get some tomorrow.

Normally, there is a Freestanding Dinette Table that extends out where you can add a leaf to make it a large table. The other option is a Booth Dinette which has a wrap-around booth that surrounds the three sides of the table.

14 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Normally, there is a Freestanding Dinette Table that extends out where you can add a leaf to make it a large table. The other option is a Booth Dinette which has a wrap-around booth that surrounds the three sides of the table.

44 minutes ago, Boathouse said:

Couldn’t find my keyboard.  Looked at many Monaco’s.  Don’t see one like this.  I will try to get pix this afternoon. Picked up Thursday.  First time driving one. Drove 150 miles. I had the hillbilly death grip on the steering wheel. Finally relaxed. Now, I am going to figure out how to start the generator. Newbies, duh!  Thank you. Don and Marsha

Not original and the generator can be started from 3 places… on the generator, on the dash, and beside the bed. If it’s cold out it can take 15 seconds holding the start switch down before it actually starts to turn over.

8 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Not original and the generator can be started from 3 places… on the generator, on the dash, and beside the bed. If it’s cold out it can take 15 seconds holding the start switch down before it actually starts to turn over.

Hi again. Thanks to everyone.  Reason gen wouldn’t start was dead batteries. Used batt boost, and started right up.  Been running and batteries are back to float.  Don

I think Richard is correct, the genset starts with the chassis batteries. I have experienced the generator cranking too slow to start but the engine does start with low batteries (12.1 volts on Aladdin IIRC). Only thing I can think of is cable run from the batteries to the genset is much longer therefore more resistance to the genset starter and it doesn't start when battery charge is marginal. Battery boost is your friend in this case.

I think Richard is correct, the genset starts with the chassis batteries. I have experienced the generator cranking too slow to start but the engine does start with low batteries (12.1 volts on Aladdin IIRC). Only thing I can think of is cable run from the batteries to the genset is much longer therefore more resistance to the genset starter and it doesn't start when battery charge is marginal. Battery boost is your friend in this case. I'm a newbie too, we picked our 2006 Dynasty after Thanksgiving and drove it from Colorado to Savannah. Lits to learn!

Fortunately your boost switch connected the batteries together and the generator normally starts off the house. We do a lot of dry camping in the summer and many mornings I have to use the boost to get the generator to spin fast enough to start.

Unfortunately the contacts in the BigBoy are bad about corroding to where they don’t make a connection. Fairly easy to take apart and clean but seems like it’s a every 5-7 year issue. Been trying to buy studs with silver contacts (Amsco# SD-289 & 290) but having problems setting up an account.