Samsung RF 18 refrigerator

RS lakeshore

The ice maker quit making ice on our rescent trip to the Monacoers rally. It had not been used since our last trip 3 months ago. I pushed the reset/test button an the motor ran but still no ice. Has anyone else had the same problem? The water valve for the ice maker is on. Thanks for your help.  Richard Silcox

Richard,

I had the same issue about a year ago. It was as simple as defrosting the water tube feeding the ice maker with a blow dryer. Had to pull the ice maker to figure it out, but once it was thawed it has worked well since. It had frozen while I had the ice maker off for a few weeks in storage  

Hope yours is that easy to fix!!

Scotty

Only other thing is to make sure the button at the top control panel is on.  They don't provide very good instructions on this and I forget whether the light has to be on or off.  Next time I'm going to make a label so I don't have to look it up in the manual or on line.

The ice maker is OFF when the light ON

The refrigerator is off while in storage. I am wondering if it might be the water fill valve after reading many articles. Not able to see a access to it from the driverside outside access panel. In the videos I have watched they had a removable panel but mine doesn't. Was hoping for a easy fix.  Thanks.  Richard. Silcox