rc7 settings

bmulvenna@hotmail.com

We have a 2004 Dynasty with a Xantrex inverter using an RC7 remote to input the various settings for the inverter. One of the settings for the inverter is "External Shunt". I think this is only selected if there are 2 inverters.

We are about to install the Victron Smart shunt and just want to make sure we don't need to change the shunt setting on the RC7.

Thanks in advance.

Mike,

You  should not need change the shunt setting on you Xantrex Inverter.  I previously had the ,Trace (Xantrex) 3012 with the RC7.  I  left the inverter shunt setting at the default when I installed the Victron BMV712 Smart Battrery monitor which includes a shunt.  It worked fine with the Trace (Xantrex) 3012. 

I just finished a major upgrade of the electrical system on my 2002 Signature by replacing the Trace inverter with the Victron Multiplus II 12/3000 120-50/2 120volt inverter charger along with a Victron VE Bus Smart Dongle, Victron MK3 USB interface, and the Victron Orion 30 amp DC to Dc charger.  I also replaced my lead acid golf cart batteries with 2-300 amp LifeP04 batteries.  It was a big job but well worth the effort.

All The Best,

JJ

• Like 1