MCD Limits Setting Guru?

Trying to reprogram the drivers window MCD shade on my 2009 Dynasty.  I think I have the GEN 3 MCD shades.  This shade is controlled by two multiplex switches, one for the just the shade and one for all cockpit shades.  I do not have a rocker switch with up and down positions for this shade. 

I’ve read the instructions for a setting the limits for the dual range shades for the windshield.  This shade does not have the brown ignition wire.  I have not been able to find any instructions for a “single range” shade. 

I attempted to set the limits following the instructions and now I have a shade fully extended that will only go up a couple inches and down a couple inches.  

The instructions specifically mention a rocker switch and using the up and down post it ion, however this is not possible with the multiplex switch.

I’ve been able to confirm I’m getting it into learn mode, however I’m struggling on how to get the shade to move up to set an up limit.  

Any MCD shade Guru’s out there?  

Any vendor I should contact?

Appears the MCD has discontinued support for the GEN 3 products.

Appreciate any input!!

Thanks!

Lazydays (Tampa) has had our coach almost as long as we've had it.  So I can't go look at our switches and can only speak from memory.  I believe the blackout shades (front and both sides) are controlled by the switches on the cabinet above the driver.  The front sunscreen is controlled by a rocker switch below the trans control.  I think the two side window sunscreens are strictly manual.  I just replaced the pax side shade motor.  I got the replacement motor from MCD, an Airxcel Brand, 3303 North McDonald Street McKinney, TX 75071, Office: 972.548.1850, Tech/Parts: 574.247.9235 Fax: 972.542.4881.  I ordered Part#50.338 Switch Motor $155.00+shipping.  I spoke with Kandace Ontiveros.  I sent my order to kontiveros@airxcel.com.  It was an easy job and the motor fit.  I didn't have the original to look at as it was missing when we purchased the coach.  MCD sent me the new motor which included programming instructions.  I remember pushing a button, hearing a beep, lowering the shade to where you want, and thne letting go of the button and maybe back up to where you want or something like that.  Unfortunately, those instructions are in our coach up at Lazydays.  And, if I remember right, I had to wind the sunscreen up manually before I screwed the screws on the ends back on and snapped the double shade unit (one with a motor and one without) back into place.  I can't remember why, but I had to undo and rewind it.  I think the seller had reversed the two shades or something weird.  Sorry, I can't be more help.

Technical Support

www.Airxcel.com

kontiveros@airxcel.com 

We had MCD blinds installed aftermarket in McKinney in early 2007. From 2017-2019, we had to replace all of the motors throughout the RV. There were definitely changes to the motors and programming instructions over the years. Specifically, they added an extra circuit to the windshield motor to have both “ignition on” and “ignition off” programming. Our original motor did not have the secondary circuit and when I contacted MCD support they said I could just program one high/low limit.

I’m assuming (!) that when you refer to yhe “driver’s window” that means the one immediately to the left of the driver’s seat, on the side of the RV? Most of the non-windshield motors do not have the dual limit capability, so it’s a little confusing at this point.

in terms of the non-windshield motors, I believe that MCD has only published instructions for pairing and programming to their brand of remotes (at least that’s all I’ve ever found). It sounds like yours are controlled from the coach’s multiplex system. Do you actually have an MCD-branded remote, even to use for just programming the limits? Or did Monaco use a “windshield style motor” for the cockpit?

I don’t have the Monaco Multiplex system and use the MCD remotes for everything except the hardwired windshield blinds. When I did all my motor replacements, I made up a bench jig to hold the whole blind, connected a small 12v battery, and programmed all the pairing and limits separately. You may have to do the same and find a compatible MCD remote if they can’t explain how to do the programming without a remote, or buy a new windshield style motor from MCD if it’s really hard wired.

We have no MCD remotes.  Control of the shades is thru the switches on the cabinet above the driver and others.  There is no "ignition on" control for the windshield shade that I'm aware of.  The two front (driver and pax) side suncreens are manual and the front sunscreen is controlled by a rocker on the control pad left of the driver.  The main coach screens are controlled by switches on each side of coach or all at the same time from switch above driver.   I know all the main coach blackout shades can be controlled at the same time from above the driver.  I don't remember the specifics and I can't check because Lazydays has taken possession of our coach for an unknown period of time.  There are several people here who have 09 Dynastys.  Someone must know exactly how they operate.  MCD did walk me thru the programming several months ago.

Bob, just trying to help...

We have shades and blinds that are all independently controlled. They are not MCD shades but from your original post it sounds like you maybe have something similar in your controls.

Our remote has two buttons, labeled C and L, on the back. Here are instructions for mine. Maybe it just might help. If these instructions work for you, don't follow them from step 1 to the end, just use the portion of the instructions that you need.

How to reset the motor

1. Clear the code.

Press the red Learning button on the motor for 6 seconds, the motor would sound a slow “dididi”, keep on pressing and do not release until the motor sound a quick “didididi”. Then you have successfully cleared the code.

2. Match the code.

Press the motor learning button for 6 seconds, the motor would sound “dididi”, release the button, immediately press C key on the back of the remote control to match the code(note:The C key should be pressed for less than 1 second,the motor would sound a "dididi").

3. Set the trip.

First press the L key on the back of the remote control for 6 seconds, the motor has a beep tone, if you want to set the down trip, press the down button on the remote control, and press the stop button when the motor run to the position you need, and then press the C key on the back of the remote control, then the down trip has successfully been set.

Press the up button on the remote control, and press the stop button when the motor run to the position you need, and then press the C key on the back of the remote control, then the complete trip has successfully been set.

To reverse motor direction

Press and hold limit button and stop button simultaneously until motor beeps.

Motor is now reversed.

21 hours ago, georgecederholm said:

We had MCD blinds installed aftermarket in McKinney in early 2007. From 2017-2019, we had to replace all of the motors throughout the RV. There were definitely changes to the motors and programming instructions over the years. Specifically, they added an extra circuit to the windshield motor to have both “ignition on” and “ignition off” programming. Our original motor did not have the secondary circuit and when I contacted MCD support they said I could just program one high/low limit.

I’m assuming (!) that when you refer to yhe “driver’s window” that means the one immediately to the left of the driver’s seat, on the side of the RV? Most of the non-windshield motors do not have the dual limit capability, so it’s a little confusing at this point.

in terms of the non-windshield motors, I believe that MCD has only published instructions for pairing and programming to their brand of remotes (at least that’s all I’ve ever found). It sounds like yours are controlled from the coach’s multiplex system. Do you actually have an MCD-branded remote, even to use for just programming the limits? Or did Monaco use a “windshield style motor” for the cockpit?

I don’t have the Monaco Multiplex system and use the MCD remotes for everything except the hardwired windshield blinds. When I did all my motor replacements, I made up a bench jig to hold the whole blind, connected a small 12v battery, and programmed all the pairing and limits separately. You may have to do the same and find a compatible MCD remote if they can’t explain how to do the programming without a remote, or buy a new windshield style motor from MCD if it’s really hard wired.

Tom, yes it’s the driver window.  No, I do not have a remote.  All controls for the driver shade are on the multiplex panel on the cabinet wall. above and behind the driver.  I have determined  these are Gen I shades.  No parts are available, this generation is no longer supported by MCD.  The driver window shade does not have the additional brown needed for dual range programming. 

One MCD tech suggested I wire in a momentary  toggle to set the limits.  I have one on order, will try that next.  

I do have an appointment with the M&M team next Saturday, will check with them, they may be able to program. 

Thanks!