09 Dynasty entry steps

Has anyone replaced the glides on their steps?  I have the electric window motor, which seems to be working alright.  The steps go out without any problems, lately they do not want to come in all the way.  If I push with my foot they will finish the couple inches they stop short of going in all the way.  I can see the failure is road grime getting into the glides.  Usually I can hose the crap out, but lately it seems like nothing works.  I really would like to find a solution and not a band aid of constant cleaning.  Thanks,

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Sorry Woody, but constant cleaning is the bane of all RV steps. Think of where they are and the amount of road debris, dirt and grime that they are subjected to. They should be cleaned every time you wash/service the coach or at least after every couple trips depending on when and where you've driven. Obviously rain and snow demand immediate cleaning. I clean mine every time we get to a new campground. Once a month, they get treated to the silicone treatment. Mine work like new.....Dennis

I have the same coach and have and still have this problem. I constantly have to blow or spray out with pressure sprayer. I use silicone slide spray now to get them to work when we move. I can see that the slides are starting to rust too. I might make it my summer project to take the steps off and redo the slides. Mine feels like something is worn out or ball bearings missing and go in crooked or catch going in. It will require me to take the rivers out but if I can I’ll use nuts and bolts to put them back in. 

I have an 07 Dynasty and have rebuilt the electric steps.  I removed the whole assembly from the coach ( disconnected the electricals, removed the six bolts holding the step box to the frame..(caution- they are heavy)).  The slides I used were purchased from Ovisonline, cost about $130.  To reinstall the slides I used 1/4" bolts and nuts (required lots of drilling holes).

Bill B 07 Dynasty

(225-978-15230

Bill:  Do you have a part number for the Ovisonline slides.  I have an 08 dynasty and the bearings on one of the slides are shot.  The other slide bearings are not that great either.  I have taken the steps off in the past to replace the motor and used a small jack with a piece of plywood on top to lower the steps because they are really heavy and hard to handle.  But if I can get the correct slides I will do it again to replace them.

Thanks,  Bob L, 08 dynasty

Bob,

The part numbers I have for the step slides are : 03320-22-44  22" Drawer Slides, Full Extension, Heavy Duty and 03320-012-44  12" Drawer Slides, Full Extension, Heavy Duty.

Sounds like you removed the step assembly in much the same manner that I used.

Bill B 07 Dynasty

(225) 978-1523