Unlimited Internet solutions?

I'm looking for a solution to provide 4GLTE based internet for my home.  Verizon DSL is totally unreliable and very slow.

Cable is not available, and line-of-sight land-based internet is not available either.

There was a thread about unlimitedinternetprovider offering unlimited service through AT&T for $35 a month, that was not throttled or limited in any way.

However, that site now only shows the devices, and the links to the service are gone.

Anyone have a solution that you can recommend?

Thanks

David

Depending on your location, T-Mobile is rolling out home internet.  Here in the Atlanta suburbs it’s $50/mo for unlimited data. They state 50Mbps, but speeds are based on LTE connectivity, so I’m sure they are variable.  Might be worth a look. 

Also you can look into the FMCA offering. 50$ per month from either Verizon or Sprint if you are a FMCA member. Verizon wants a contract but Sprint is month to month. 

In either case, the LTE modem doesn't care whether it's in an RV or a fixed home.

Thanks guys.

I haven't kept up with cellular technology in recent years.

Looking at the FMCA Sprint offering, as the Verizon is data limited.  Does the device that FMCA supplies have an Ethernet LAN port that can support my wired network?

Also, can I buy an LTE modem from another source and put it on any system, or are they carrier specific?  I need a modem with wired LAN capability to support my entertainment and security systems.

Thanks again,
David

Edited by dl_racing427

If you went with either FMCA option, they will supply you the modem that works on their system and yes, the comment about Verizon throttling the service after an amount of usage is correct.

The supplied modem can easily connect wirelessly to a wired/wireless router you purchase and then you can connect wirelessly or with Ethernet.

For several years I used the Verizon broadband router with voice (now hardware discontinued from Verizon store but available elsewhere https://www.amazon.com/Novatel-Verizon-Broadband-Router-T1114/dp/B00JL57PMG ). Its reception was better than a jet pack, could even tie in remote antennas. It also could be configured for two voice lines (which we never did). I just recently dropped it from our plan when we switched to unlimited basically to get Canada/Mexico in the plan, not so much for data ... we were on older Verizon shared data L plan where the router was only $10/month shared data but on unlimited it jumped a lot $$$ and we wanted the international calling on the phones as a priority (which on the shared data plans was outrageous $$$) and we now use an ASUS bridged router to connect wired Ethernet to a phone as a hot spot when needing hard wired access.  I too needed wired lan access for some other older devices where the wireless hardware was very buggy with WPA but very stable with now basically unsuported WEP so had to use CAT 5 for them.  Verizon now has a 5g home modem/ router (in some areas) with a single wired port that would go to your existing router.  I have been thinking about doing either one for home and dropping Charter Spectrum if Charter ups their price again.  Looking at the logs in my top DD-WRT home router we still don't use anywhere near 25gig a month in the S&B, even stuck here in the covid lockdown.  I was very happy with the T1114 for years on the road, and it is now sitting unused for about 4 months.  At this price point, putting the old router on its own plan would be just a little cheaper than Charter so wasn't going to shake it all up yet at the S&B as 5g should be here relatively soon.  Hope this post didn't get too far off in the weeds