I need to do mine also. Just noticed a chunk out of one fan blade. Good summer project.

1 minute ago, Elizlampe said:

Do you have any info on how?  I receive the fan blades tomorrow. Gotta get on it asap. 

Not me yet! Won’t get home for another 6 weeks.

For me pictures are worth a million bucks sorry they are at wrong angles this was what mine looked like when i was replacing my water pump. I think if i had to replace the fan on my vehicle it could be done from the inside, difficult yes impossable no. Asside from your normal hand tool selection i would include a magnit to reach to the bottom of the shroud and a mirror on a stick, also concider a foam pad to lay where your chest is leaning so your not too Uncomfortable. What that pic of the Engine does not show is the air compressor belt, you probably will need to loosen the compressor and take the tension off that belt as well as remove the tension off of the serpentine belt(this is great time to replace both belts) 

Also once you get both belts loose grab the top of the fan and try to move it forward and back, if there is any play you will need to replace the bearing for the fan. (Though mine was ok, i have heard a fan that is out of balance can cause bearing failure)

Before you start to install your new blade assembly i would mark on the pully with something to indicate where the bolt hole is so when your teaching yourself some new vocabulary you will know where the bolt is to go, this is where the mirror will become handy cause the pulley can “walk” a little and the bolt hole can become misaligned with the bearing that the fan bolts go into. I would think possable using a stud with no head could be used in one of the holes to guide the fan onto, then once the other 3 bolts are in place remove the stud an replace with the regular bolt. Something else you may concider, wrap the tips of the fan with painters tape so that if you bump the blades into the radiator that it wont puncture it, that once you get it place remember to remove the tape.322093A7-2AE7-403C-84FB-A52CD6432AD9.thumb.jpeg.ac0f5af11e5080a87b70d19b912c5de5.jpegB432FC96-5ABB-4437-BA2C-4DC20EEC65EA.thumb.jpeg.c6337930474f0fc3124e5b4e7c70dcf3.jpeg

15 hours ago, Elizlampe said:

I hope I can replace my engine fan myself. Need video or technical guidance. 2000 315 do cummins. 

Does your 2000 Diplomat have rear radiator/CAC?  Do you have access through a hatch under the bed (or in the bedroom) to the area above the engine pulleys/belts?  

Carey

Thank you so much Rickadoo. That's a huge help. And Idoc57 (carey)  it is a rear radiator and I believe that it is the rear radiator and I can access from the engine hatch under the bed. 

JDcrow

Taking out Rad/coolers or with them still on?

I'm hoping while still on. If not that will need a mechanic if it gets too conplicated and area mechanics are wanting it towed to the shop. 

6 minutes ago, Elizlampe said:

Thank you so much Rickadoo. That's a huge help. And Idoc57 (carey)  it is a rear radiator and I believe that it is the rear radiator and I can access from the engine hatch under the bed. 

JDcrow

Taking out Rad/coolers or with them still on?

I'm hoping while still on. If not that will need a mechanic if it gets too conplicated and area mechanics are wanting it towed to the shop. 

I believe with help you might be able to get the bolts out with 1 Person up, and 1 down. The shroud I would think Is the wild card for a slipping the fan in and out. 

I recently saw a post on IRV2 on replacing a fan blade, I searched for it but couldn't find.

But one of the tricks that they had listed was that they took some longer bolts that fit the thread of the mounting bolt.  Cut the head off and put two of these in.  This allowed them to slip the fan blade onto the stud for alignment and then they put in the two other bolts, removed one stud & put in another bolt, and then the fourth.  Seems like a good way to get the fan blade aligned, especially if you are working blind.

• Like 1