Unkown power source?

Hello everyone, wanted to know if anyone has experienced this. I started the process of replacing my starter but after disconnecting both house and chassis batter I still get arching when wrenching any idea where this power source maybe coming from? Disconnected shore power house and chassis battery only other source I can think of is factory solar panel. Thanks guys in advance for any feedback this will be helpful especially since I will also be doing some welding to rig. 

52 minutes ago, RVhorod said:

Does your coach have solar? If so, I would separate  the wires from the charge controller to the battery cables or cover the solar panels with card board.

Dennis,

Yes, but only the factory installed 85 watt panel. 

The starter has a cable direct to the battery + terminal.  This is different from the cable going to the chassis cutoff switch. 

Being just above the secondary fuel filter I didn't want to arc weld a diesel soaked metal filter while changing it.  🔥

- bob

Disconnect the ground cables on both battery banks and the solar power.  You also need to disconnect from shore power because the inverter is grounded and supplies power to the system even with the batteries disconnected on many coaches.  

I have removed all my batteries while living in the coach and everything was being supplied by the charger in the inverter.