Samsung frig recalls

"Issues raised in the complaints include problems maintaining appropriate temperatures, icemakers malfunctioning, and incidents of food poisoning due to food spoilage from unsafe temperatures. In fact, 211 complaints specifically cited food spoilage, while 62 complaints cited food poisoning."

613 complaints and 273 of those were for food spoilage or food poisonings. 

All I got to say is WOW! There must be a lot of very stupid people using Samsung fridges when they are NOT maintaining cold temperatures.

I monitor my fridge and freezer temperatures constantly and if I see temps rising, I am all over it looking for the reason why.

I wouldn't be waiting until my food has spoiled or even attempting to eat the food.

You can't FIX STUPID!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

All I got to say is WOW! There must be a lot of very stupid people using Samsung fridges when they are NOT maintaining cold temperatures.

Like a frog on a stove that temp doesn't exactly jump out at ya.  I'd be willing to bet $1 that less than 1% of fridge owners monitor their fridge temperature (excluding RVers). 

We currently have 3 thermometers in our RV fridge (plus the display that lies like a dog) but 0 in the home fridge (also 0 in dorm, basement fridges or garage freezer).  And when my DW says something in the fridge is too old to eat I give it another week (or two).

- bob

• Like 1

I never believe the display temps on either the RF-197 in the coach or the RF23 in our house. So, my basic twin Display Acu-rite Fridge/Freezer Monitor gets moved from the coach to the house when we are home for the winter. Then it gets moved back to the coach in May when we are leaving for our Workamping jobs for the summer.

I always know what my fridge & freezer are doing for temps anytime of the day or night.

Amazon.com: AcuRite Digital Wireless Fridge and Freezer Thermometer with Alarm and Max/Min Temperature for Home and Restaurants (00515M) : Home & Kitchen

A while back on IRV2 there was a post on Samsung recalls as a reason no to install one in an RV.  I went and dug a little further and found that all the recalls were for full size refrigerators.  The RF18 was not listed as one of the ones with problems.

Most people who don't own RV's are not as aware of making sure the ridge is working properly.  My RF18 does have the display and it does show the temps vary some but I also keep a remote temp monitor in both the fridge and the freezer, this is just years of concern while using the Norcold which never did perform as you would want. 

So far I am happy with the Samsung.  It takes less then 2 hours to cool down and keeps everything cool.  Even in +100F temps last year with the sun beating down on that side of the coach the Samsung performed flawlessly.