Water Pump

nyrngrz

The last 2 days I was dry camping using the water pump. Yesterday I shut off the water pump and traveled to an RV Park. I am currently hooked up to city water. The water pump switch is off but every minute or so I hear the water pump sound like it is providing water to the coach. Why would I hear the water pump?

Maybe switch is stuck on. Check for power on both sides of switch in off position.

Or the light went out in the indicator.  There's also another pump switch in the wet bay (that light doesn't work on mine). 

The switch actually triggers some sort of flip-flop circuit.  I don't know how or where the circuit is located but a momentary press of the switch triggers the pump (on or off). 

The pump shouldn't go on at any time if the city water pressure is up to snuff (whatever snuff is).

- bob

3 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

Or the light went out in the indicator.  There's also another pump switch in the wet bay (that light doesn't work on mine). 

The switch actually triggers some sort of flip-flop circuit.  I don't know how or where the circuit is located but a momentary press of the switch triggers the pump (on or off). 

The pump shouldn't go on at any time if the city water pressure is up to snuff (whatever snuff is).

- bob

Yeah I forgot about that pump thingy. Saw mine way up behind wetbay panel.

Nyrngrz, you may still get the pump cycling if you have very poor city pressure or flow rate. When turned on, the pump is actuated by a pressure drop in the line so if it is cycling when you think it is turned off, you probably have a stuck pump controller or your switch is actually on.

OR....the valve that you open to fill your water tank from the hose is either leaking or has been left slightly open. This leak feeds water to the water tank a little at a time and so drains pressure slowly from the system so the pump periodically tries to bring the pressure back up. Been there, done that.....

Andy

'95 Beaver Patriot

Geo Tracker (4Dr/4WD) Toad