Adding 2 new cabin batteries

Mike in Va

My 2001 Holiday Rambler Ambassador came with 2 6 volt cabin batteries and now I'm adding 2 more 6 volt batteries for a total of 4. I'm adding a 1500 watt inverter also.  Should I wire the new batteries together or mix a new one with a old one? The 2 old batteries aren't that old and are working great so not going to replace them. Thanks for the input.   

16 minutes ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

You would do better to replace the 2 existing batteries with new ones because they will pull the new ones down to their level.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

I would agree. Unless they are fairly new or at least in excellent condition it can be counterproductive to mix old and new batteries.

19 minutes ago, Gary Cole said:

Check the resting voltage of the old batteries after a full charge and same with new batteries. If the difference is less than .25 V then I would use them. When I have a battery failure due to a bad cell I don't automatically replace all. 

I  agree with with Gary also. Resting voltage will be after fully charging then no charge or discharge for at least an hour.