Full Time Insurance

It is annual renewal time for our insurance, currently Nationwide

250000/500000 Liability. collision comp 1000 deductible, Full Time package, 0 deductible Glass. Actual cash value replacement. Just ordinary coverage nothing special. $2340.00 yearly.

Curious how that compares with others real world numbers in 2022. We have a 2006 Monaco Signature Commander 45'. Nationwide only increased $6.00 per month. Other quotes I have received considerably higher but that is just fill out online request and they pop a quote.

A major factor is where the coach is registered.  Hard to compare apples from NY with oranges from FL.  Plus driving history, driver age, coach value, bundled policies, etc.  Heck, they may even throw in whether you have a space heater or not 😉

That said, I just paid our Progressive MH policy for just over $1k annual.  We are part time with a 2003 Endeavor in GA.  Not sure what our coverage limits are (probably not enough). 

- bob

Edited by cbr046

1 hour ago, cbr046 said:

A major factor is where the coach is registered.  Hard to compare apples from NY with oranges from FL.  Plus driving history, driver age, coach value, bundled policies, etc.  Heck, they may even throw in whether you have a space heater or not 😉

That said, I just paid our Progressive MH policy for just over $1k annual.  We are part time with a 2003 Endeavor in GA.  Not sure what our coverage limits are (probably not enough). 

- bob

I agree with Bob. My coach probably has a much lower replacement cost but with just about the same coverage as you and Safeco Insurance I'm at just under $700 a year hear in Nevada.

Yes, wildly different depending . . Mine went up almost $1000 when I moved to Florida. And that is part time with coach stored indoors when not in use. Did go down about $100 dollars when I moved away from the coast. And that is for a 2004 Holiday Rambler Vacationer, with Progressive. Anyway, about $1500 right now with renewal this summer.

3 hours ago, cbr046 said:

A major factor is where the coach is registered.  Hard to compare apples from NY with oranges from FL.  Plus driving history, driver age, coach value, etc.  Heck, they may even throw in whether you have a space heater or not 😉

- bob

You are correct South Dakota no issues with tickets or accidents. I wasn’t looking for a quote simply an opinion based upon what others might be paying for a like Coach Full time package

Thanks all for the replies. Maybe another full timer with a Signature out there will see this. It would appear that based upon a little shopping that I did my Nationwide package with full time endorsement is pretty good. gieco  and Progressive are double for same coverage. Seems hard to believe but it’s a fact apparently.  Nationwide thru FMCA is what I have had for last 2 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Idoc57 said:

Check with Farm Bureau insurance. I think ours runs around 750 a year for full coverage.  We are not full time.

Carey

I have Farm Bureau too but I didn't tell them I am full time till recently. I have to find other insurance once it's renew time since they don't cover full timers. 

4 hours ago, Mark Holt said:

It is annual renewal time for our insurance, currently Nationwide

250000/500000 Liability. collision comp 1000 deductible, Full Time package, 0 deductible Glass. Actual cash value replacement. Just ordinary coverage nothing special. $2340.00 yearly.

Curious how that compares with others real world numbers in 2022. We have a 2006 Monaco Signature Commander 45'. Nationwide only increased $6.00 per month. Other quotes I have received considerably higher but that is just fill out online request and they pop a quote.

Today I signed w/State Farm. Full-Time ins. Az minimum liability, 1000 deductable. 100% glass. 05 Monoco. 93/mo.

14 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Yes, wildly different depending . . Mine went up almost $1000 when I moved to Florida. And that is part time with coach stored indoors when not in use. Did go down about $100 dollars when I moved away from the coast. And that is for a 2004 Holiday Rambler Vacationer, with Progressive. Anyway, about $1500 right now with renewal this summer.

You can’t compare with our motorhome people, to many variables. Take your situation an compare with different insurance companies. Don’t forget rider on your contents. Lot of policies have that as an extra .

You might check with FMCA, we have Nationwide through them with a 06 dynasty 42 4slide and fulltime. I just renewed at $1500 with nearly same coverage as you and decreasing deductible.  We had one claim 2 years ago for an AC damaged in a storm.  It is registered in Wisconsin, not because we live there, because that's where the lender was located. We do spend the summers there. If you can use USAA, they have a special Progressive deal, but my experience with them was 1 good year then the premium goes through the roof. Hope this might help.  Happy Trails Bert

I think each experience with insurance companies will vary for a number of reasons.  I've been with USAA on our cars for over 40 years - but over that time no at fault claims.  Each time I compare rates with other companies, I can't do better on my cars.  For the home insurance, USAA couldn't come close to matching State Farm that I've had for over 40 years with no claims.  Initially on the motorhome, there were a few that beat the USAA rates early on but now, Progressive through USAA is the best rate. 

Best advice is to shop around and using an insurance broker might be another option to finds the best rates.  There are so many factors that effect rates that it's really hard to compare companies unless you get quotes for you particular situation which includes claim history and your insurance history score (yep, you have an insurance history score just like a credit score).

On 4/12/2022 at 7:11 AM, Jobert said:

You might check with FMCA, we have Nationwide through them with a 06 dynasty 42 4slide and fulltime. I just renewed at $1500 with nearly same coverage as you and decreasing deductible.  We had one claim 2 years ago for an AC damaged in a storm.  It is registered in Wisconsin, not because we live there, because that's where the lender was located. We do spend the summers there. If you can use USAA, they have a special Progressive deal, but my experience with them was 1 good year then the premium goes through the roof. Hope this might help.  Happy Trails Bert

Thanks Jobert, that is helpful information for me to compare our cost with. Mine is Nationwide thru FNCA as well.

Just an update to the original post. I've been helping the neighbor for the last few days try to get it sorted out. After many hours of fussing and fighting and calling I think we finally found out what happened. 

She's 72, a recent widow, and, typically, frightened of everything. What I mean to say is, she is alone and worried. So when her furnace made a bit of noise I mentioned to her it could be the motor, no big deal, but she should probably put a maintenance kit in it while in there. I explained how little they cost blah blah blah. I had done mine, no big deal. So, what does she do? Calls the insurance and opens a claim. Guy comes out, there was a small stick hitting the wheel making noise, $100 - done. 

But in the meantime, she opened a claim. It went nowhere, didn't cost the insurance company anything, but there's a record of it. 

So we asked for a list of all claims from them. Turns out, over 5 years, 4 claims, 3 of which went no-where (no monies paid) and one claim where insurance paid $363.64 Don't know why, her deductible was $1,000, but there you go. 

So the insurance company took in roughly $9,000 in premiums and paid out $363. In my mind, that makes her a golden customer. But...it seems they are looking at the number of times she is calling in determining that she may be an increased risk?

Either way, we're now trying to get insurance from 2 other companies and so far....no luck. In my mind, it's ridiculous. I've now told her to stop calling the insurance company every time a pine cone falls on the roof and have tried to explain the cost/benefit analysis. Ie, if her deductible is $1,000, and the repair is, let's say $1,100 then you might not want to bother using insurance for that $100 savings....

Likewise, when her furnace made noise I told her not to worry, heck, a entire furnace is probably $750, less than her deductible. And that's in a worst-case scenario that would never happen. Nevertheless, she's on the phone to the insurance company when her deductible is $1,000.....

She's in a tough spot and has a hard time understanding concepts anyway. So, not sure yet what will happen, but if she can't get insurance she will likely sell unit and move into apartment. I feel for her. The brokers just don't care other than one that I am working with. Not one person will listen to the story and treat her accordingly.