Water filters

sg47619

My 01 Monaco has two water filters. I thought I wrote the numbers down now I can’t find them. Does anyone know what I need to buy. 

1 hour ago, Corkman said:

What,s the UV filter do?

As Stephen said, it kills bacteria. This way I'm not breathing in nasty stuff in the shower and I can cook and drink the water from my tank. The water goes through my filters both when I fill the tank and is pumped through them when I use it in the coach. I get my filters and including the UV filter from the water fixer. No affiliation.

https://www.waterfixercompany.com/modelwf1000.html

I have a UV filter in my house because we are on well water.  It is a large unit, 25gpm.

One thing to note is that the bulb (at least on my unit) has to be changed annually as the UV output degrades with age.  The controller actually has a 365 day countdown timer.  Not a big deal if you install the system with that in mind.  My bulb is about 30" long and is in a quartz sleeve.  I had an unused threaded port and installed a glass lenses so I could make sure the light is working, the light is on all the time.  I initially had it wired to come on with the well pump but the controller failed pretty quickly, cost was ~$180, and after reading more it recommended leaving it on all the time.   I keep spare bulbs and sleeves, and check the system 3-4 times per week just to make sure all is good.  I also installed a sediment filter prior to the UV light, this helps keep the water going to the UV light clean.

So my concern in using one in the RV would be how robust the UV bulb is as mine has a long signal strand filament,  Same with the quartz sleeve, last time I pulled my quartz sleeve to clean and when I reinstalled I did not center the quartz lenses and ended up cracking it.  Luckily I had a spare. 

You can read the specs on the link I posted. There is a glass piece to look though and see that it is working. It seems to last a little over two years. You can contact them for pricing on just the UV filter assembly like I did.

Tim