driving from Manila, Utah to Dutch John, Utah

daveyjo

We are considering driving from Manila, Utah to Dutch John, Utah on April 18th , on Utah highway 44 with a 38’ class A towing a car and a 36’ 5th wheel.  Anyone have any experience traveling that route?  Is it too hilly and curvy to travel with those RVs?

A 38 foot class A towing a car and a 5th wheeler together in that area?  Good luck!!!!!  I would not recommend that towing on a flat interstate road let alone on a state mountain road.  What is the max towing weight the motor home could tow.  Hope your brakes are good. 

Some people love to live dangerously.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor 

1 minute ago, daveyjo said:

Chuck,  they are two different vehicles.  We are caravanning.  But thanks for the warning.

12 hours ago, daveyjo said:

We are considering driving from Manila, Utah to Dutch John, Utah on April 18th , on Utah highway 44 with a 38’ class A towing a car and a 36’ 5th wheel.  Anyone have any experience traveling that route?  Is it too hilly and curvy to travel with those RVs?

Sorry about that, drive safe,  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

I looked on Google Earth and it doesn't look too bad but you do climb to a +8K elevation along the way.

I notice there was a nice RV resort on the route, Flamig Gorge Resort, you might give them a call an inquire as the best route. 

FWIW were traveled from Yellowton to Montana over the Beartooth pass in our Windsor, steep, windy, but really nice scenary.  My wife took 50 pictures going up.  Got to the top and stopped, still snow on the ground.  A guy came up and asked how long my rig was, I told him and he said he had the same size parked in his garage at home and there was "NO WAY" he'd ever drive his rig up the pass.  My wife only took a couple pictures going down as she had to hold onto the seat to keep from sliding out and was cussing the whole way down.

Edited by jacwjames