Water leak only when using the Pump??

LakeBob

Chasing a water leak that drips down from a bundle of wire looms running up from between the chassis rails into the floor of the coach.  These looms run up into a wall cavity between the midship bath and the front galley/salon slide.  The very weird thing is that it only leaks when we use the pump and on-board water.  This would make sense if the leak was around the pump or the lines in the basement, however this leak comes from above.

I first noticed the leak when filling the water tank and accidently overfilled the tank.  Water came out from the overflow hose.  The pump was being used at the time.  I opened the basement compartment and noticed water dripping from the wire looms. 

There is no leak when using the city water connection, bypassing the pump.  This makes no sense to me as the city water uses the same piping, just bypasses the pump.

Anyone ever experienced anything similar?  Is there a check valve that is allowing water to flow into a vent line? 

Anyone have a piping drawing for a bath and 1/2 model?

The wire looms go into a wall cavity that I cannot figure out how to access.  I can see between the galley slide and this wall and can see a bundle of pipes running from the galley into this wall cavity.  This bundle moves back and forth with the slide movement.  

Has anyone had to access this wall cavity before?  See the image below. 

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

image.thumb.png.80c94d6de4eb9e4cc0543f9869bc05c5.png

There should be a vacuum breaker located up high under the vanity sink. Possibly it is leaking somewhat at times.

I agree, doesn't make much sense that it only leaks with using the pump and not when hooked to shore water unless it has to do with water pressure.

Could be a weak point in the pex that only lets water through when the pressure of the water pump is running. It looks like it is also near the place where the water lines could transition into the slide for the kitchen.

There will likely be a panel that can be removed in the back of the cabinet, possibly held in with staples.

Access to the area between galley slide and half bath requires removal of the end cabinet. Open cab door and look for attachment screws on left bulkhead. Once removed you’ll see how to access the area into wall of half bath. 

Fred W, 09 Dyn Yorkshire 

25 minutes ago, Fred W said:

Access to the area between galley slide and half bath requires removal of the end cabinet. Open cab door and look for attachment screws on left bulkhead. Once removed you’ll see how to access the area into wall of half bath. 

Fred W, 09 Dyn Yorkshire 

Thanks Fred, are you referring to the cabinet with the drawers next to the bathroom wall?   

I need to get under there again and take a look, it didn't appear you could remove this separately without removing countertop and more...

5 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

There should be a vacuum breaker located up high under the vanity sink. Possibly it is leaking somewhat at times.

I agree, doesn't make much sense that it only leaks with using the pump and not when hooked to shore water unless it has to do with water pressure.

Thanks Richard, the vacuum breaker is visible and not leaking.

38 minutes ago, Fred W said:

Kitchen cabinet comes out from under the counter top. Ours has shelves you’ll have to remove drawers to get to attachment screws.

I've done that once and didn't see how they came out, I'll go back and have another look.

Thanks!

Thank you Fred!  Went and had another look and saw exactly what you described. 

Cabinet was out in 5 minutes to expose the utilities bundle that moves with the slide.  

The 1 1/2” flexible PVC pipe had been crimped at a bad angle where it extends from the top fitting and cracked over the years of in and out.  Going to replace the flexible pipe, which should be fun, the bottom fitting will be a challenge to access.  

Still makes no sense regarding when we noticed the leak, however I’ll get this one fixed and look for others!

The flex pipe picture is upside down, the crack was on the bottom, looks like there’s room to extend this pipe a little bit so it doesn’t get in such a bind.

0F6D69BA-BDA5-4069-AE47-0B5C4F9251F9.jpeg

932066A9-A13E-4995-AD17-63C45F27F28C.jpeg

7531C930-288F-42E6-A787-9357B4BD0865.jpeg

Glad to be of help. Surprised you didn’t experience grey tank stink when moving your slide. I’ve had identical issue on two Monaco coaches with one break on drain line being on top which resulted in a foul odor when extending or retracting slide. This was hard to identify issue because the break in the line wasn’t visible until the tech ran a smoke test  and it only leaked grey tank odor when slide movement sucked air out of grey tank. 

Current 09 Dynasty leaked water when running galley faucet and was clearly visible with water dripping in storage bay below. The old drain line was too tight and split just like yours. Replacement line was extended. Suspect this will solve your issue of water leak only while running water pump. 

Want to pass on a quirk of the Yorkshire model plumbing. If you have the stacked washer/dryer and run the washer with the grey tank valve closed you may notice a very noticeable gurgle noise from the kitchen sink when the washer drains. This appears to be a design problem with the drain pipe from the washer. Monaco has the tank vent pipe located in this drain line so when water is draining the tank is no longer vented. The kitchen sink drain becomes the vent. No biggie I just live with it, though the noise can be startling. LOL!!!

Just replace the drain hose on are 2006. When to Lowes and purchased 3’ of PVC pool 1 1/2” hose + to 2 , 1-1/2-in x 1-1/2-in dia Adapter Adapter PVC Fitting Item #23903Model #436015RMC.  Just sawed the hose 2” to 4” from the old fittings, and unscrew  I use a strip wrench. Installed the new fitting using tape seal and glued the hose to the fittings (PVC glue).   

On 4/16/2022 at 2:21 PM, Fred W said:

Glad to be of help. Surprised you didn’t experience grey tank stink when moving your slide. I’ve had identical issue on two Monaco coaches with one break on drain line being on top which resulted in a foul odor when extending or retracting slide. This was hard to identify issue because the break in the line wasn’t visible until the tech ran a smoke test  and it only leaked grey tank odor when slide movement sucked air out of grey tank. 

Current 09 Dynasty leaked water when running galley faucet and was clearly visible with water dripping in storage bay below. The old drain line was too tight and split just like yours. Replacement line was extended. Suspect this will solve your issue of water leak only while running water pump. 

Want to pass on a quirk of the Yorkshire model plumbing. If you have the stacked washer/dryer and run the washer with the grey tank valve closed you may notice a very noticeable gurgle noise from the kitchen sink when the washer drains. This appears to be a design problem with the drain pipe from the washer. Monaco has the tank vent pipe located in this drain line so when water is draining the tank is no longer vented. The kitchen sink drain becomes the vent. No biggie I just live with it, though the noise can be startling. LOL!!!

Thanks Fred, still makes no sense when we noticed the leak, however when the flex pipe was extended or compressed may have made the difference.  We did have an "off" smell in the midship bath, now it makes sense where this was coming from. Really couldn't smell in kitchen 

Thanks for heads up on the washer vent, we were wondering why we were wondering about the occasional gurgle. 

On 4/17/2022 at 11:28 AM, Onthego said:

Just replace the drain hose on are 2006. When to Lowes and purchased 3’ of PVC pool 1 1/2” hose + to 2 , 1-1/2-in x 1-1/2-in dia Adapter Adapter PVC Fitting Item #23903Model #436015RMC.  Just sawed the hose 2” to 4” from the old fittings, and unscrew  I use a strip wrench. Installed the new fitting using tape seal and glued the hose to the fittings (PVC glue).   

Thanks for the pointers Rich.  I found a good website, Flexpvc.com, that has high quality flex pipe in a standard and high flexibility options.  I'm going to get some of the high flex for replacement.  

Update: Found out the high flexibility hose/pipe is no longer made, ordered some US made hose and fittings. 

Edited by LakeBob
Update