Norcold 1200 cooling unit

michaelivan

Michael, the extra 3 inches doesn't necessarily end up on the outside of the opening. There is a significant amount of dead space that is available in the rear once the NotSoCold has been removed.

You only need to have the residential fridge positioned outside the wood frame enough to allow the doors to swing properly.

8 hours ago, BlueCastleRV said:

Not sure if you can tell but it looks like the Frigidaire will stick out a bit. I’ll let you know how it goes. Is it a non factor due to floor plan?

Thanks  

5C576947-053C-4525-8AC2-7DAABE48476F.jpeg

Edited by Dr4Film

On 4/16/2022 at 7:38 AM, pulsarjab said:

For 10 years I did everything I could to keep the Norcold working, replacing fans, control cards, sensors, ice makers and heaters. That is after the original owner had replaced the cooling unit. I finally found a $600 Frigidaire refrigerator that would fit in the same spot, above the furnace that sits under the Norcold. I removed the doors on the Norcold, and with the help of three friends, we lifted it out through the emergency exit window. The Frigidaire came in the same window. Total process took about an hour. No modification of cabinets and it holds more food, freezes fantastic, and only pulls one half amp, runs perfect on the four house batteries, and weights a lot less than the Norcold. Now, I sleep at night without that worry and if it quits, I will go to Home Depot and buy another one.

I live close to Colaws. a large RV salvage business. Seeing all of the burned out motor homes gave me night mares, so that was added incentive to make the move. I evaluated going with the compressor cooling unit, thought about it for several years. but I was tired of rebuilding the Norcold and waiting for something else to fail. Every time I walk pass the Frigidaire or open it for a cold drink, or see the wife standing there with door wide open, looking for something, I just smile.

Greg

2000 Diplomat

Do you have the model number of the Frigidaire?

Ed