Dometic thermostat

Your A/C control board generation version must match your thermostat version.  If you purchase new A/C units they will work with this new programmable CC2 thermostat.  Your older A/C units will only work with the older 5 button unit.  

Try a thermostat reset.  Turn the black slide switch on the underside off.  Hold the top and bottom buttons down while sliding the black switch on the bottom on.  The thermostat will read FF in the display.  

Thanks for all the answers. I would have wasted my time trying to make it work. If I purchase a new Micro air thermostat for these older penguin ac units and later upgrade to the Penguin 2 will the Micro air work with the newer units?

Original Penguin AC units = 4 or 5 Button Comfort Control Center Thermostat

Newest Version Penguin II AC Units = 10 Button CCC-2 Thermostat OR Obtain Special Control Board to replace existing control board within the AC to work with 5 Button CCC Thermostat.

You cannot mix AC's and Thermostats.

Micro Air Thermostats are built to run with specific models of Dometic AC's much like Dometic has done with their thermostats.

Edited by Dr4Film

Thanks, I was going to order a new Micro air that runs two of the three units I have but that seems crazy because if I have to replace one or both of them I have to get another thermostat. I’m just going to look for a used 5 button one that I have now. The problem with this one is it will work ok but after it’s on for a while the screen goes dark and you have to shut it off and back on. Anyways, I don’t like these thermostats because they are very hard to see. 

I agree, they are hard to see and read. I removed the blue condom that was installed over the light bulb which does improve the visibility on the ones in the Windsor but have since sold that thermostat when I upgraded the AC's with the new Penguin II's plus the 10 button CCC-2 Thermostat.

My Dynasty has one new Penguin II in the bedroom and two Penguin's in the living area. They all have the 5 Button CCC Thermostats. Luckily, the owner had saved the control board that came with the new Penguin II so when the middle Penguin AC is replaced I can reinstall the new control board in the bedroom AC, then use a Micro Air Thermostat in that area. Once the very front AC needs to be replaced it will also have a Micro Air Thermostat installed.