Jump to content

Goodyear or toyo?


Donflem

Recommended Posts

I need to replace my drive tires on my 2007 Monaco dynasty I was wondering what’s your guys ideas on Goodyear or Toyo? Does anybody know a good place to order tires at a decent price to ship to California?. Thanks for any help.Don

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few weeks ago I bought 8 Toyo M144 295/80R22.5 shipped to my home in NJ for $4,200 from Tiresdirect online.  Tires arrived via motor freight a few days later.  I'll install the tires myself and then sell the old tires to a trucker for $100 each like I did the last time I changed tires.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will never buy another Goodyear product again.  Long story, but their product manager told me that the tires with date codes that were already 4 years old were perfectly fine (when a shifty dealer in S. Georgia pulled a fast one on an install). That was the end of any future purchase of their products. Done, Fine', Finito, the End. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just replace my Goodyear G670-RV 295/80/22.5(because of age), on the front of my 2008 Dynasty with Toyo M144, 315/80/22.5.

The cost installed and balanced was just under $750 per tire(the price was about $400 less per tire then Michelin thru FMCA).

I purchased them at Southern Tire Mart(Texas) they have a couple locations in California. They had some stock available a couple weeks ago.

I tried to pay close attention to the Goodyear’s ride-wise before the change out to see if I could tell a difference. Ride-wise Toyo’s have had a noticeably smoother ride. The Toyo’s had a strong stinky smell when they were first installed. After they heated up a couple times (100 miles) the smell disappeared. I have about 2K miles on the tires at this time.

I have not had any clearance issues since the install. I always make sure the tires are straight when parked and the suspension is in Travel Mode before I depart.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I replaced old Michelins with Toyos last year, have 5k or so on them.  I used motorhometires.com which was serviced locally by Southern Tire in Weslaco Texas.  They came to my rv site in Alamo, TX and changed them, balanced them with beads.  
 

In my return to the RGV (Rio Grand Valley in the bottom tip of Texas) I had a slow leak in one of the outer duallies.  When we headed out to go back north last month I pulled into Southern Tire in Pharr TX (they have several locations) and they removed the wheel and fixed the loose extension hose.  Charged me 10 bux.  Nice company to work with.  
 

If you don’t want to move your rig, I highly recommend Motorhometires.com.  They have agreements with installers in all the states (except maybe Hawaii and Alaska).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johnny Mo said:

In SoCal try Pete’s Tire

Pete’s Has always been my go to for truck tires all the companies are used to drive for always used Petes tire but I called them they had to Goodyear‘s in stock and they had a 2017 DOT stamp they wanted $550 apiece for them I thought that was high for such an old tire. I hope I didn’t make the wrong decision lol.


Thanks Don

Thank you gentlemen for your input I think I’m going to lean towards Toyo.

Don

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently had all tires replaced at Pete’s, went with Michelins for the steer axle, and Toyo’s for the rear plus tag.

$2400.00 less by going with Toyo for the rear

all we’re dated late 2021

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2022 at 8:56 AM, TX Bella said:

Just replace my Goodyear G670-RV 295/80/22.5(because of age), on the front of my 2008 Dynasty with Toyo M144, 315/80/22.5.

The cost installed and balanced was just under $750 per tire(the price was about $400 less per tire then Michelin thru FMCA).

I purchased them at Southern Tire Mart(Texas) they have a couple locations in California. They had some stock available a couple weeks ago.

I tried to pay close attention to the Goodyear’s ride-wise before the change out to see if I could tell a difference. Ride-wise Toyo’s have had a noticeably smoother ride. The Toyo’s had a strong stinky smell when they were first installed. After they heated up a couple times (100 miles) the smell disappeared. I have about 2K miles on the tires at this time.

I have not had any clearance issues since the install. I always make sure the tires are straight when parked and the suspension is in Travel Mode before I depart.

 

 

I made the exact same brand/size change two years ago.  Good improvement in ride, never noticed any smell.  You don't want to know this, but tow years ago they cost me just about $500 each mounted and balanced.....  Replaced the rear six last year with 295s at $550 each.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2022 at 4:16 AM, Frank McElroy said:

A few weeks ago I bought 8 Toyo M144 295/80R22.5 shipped to my home in NJ for $4,200 from Tiresdirect online.  Tires arrived via motor freight a few days later.  I'll install the tires myself and then sell the old tires to a trucker for $100 each like I did the last time I changed tires.

Hey Frank. If you don’t mind me asking how long ago did you get that price on those tires any chance I could get a copy of the receipt with that price on it so I can get a price match?

 Thanks Don 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dbircky said:

I made the exact same brand/size change two years ago.  Good improvement in ride, never noticed any smell.  You don't want to know this, but tow years ago they cost me just about $500 each mounted and balanced.....  Replaced the rear six last year with 295s at $550 each.

Next you are going to tell me Diesel price might go up? 🤑

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had bad luck with my original Goodyears. I switched to Michelin tires on my coach and by the 4th year they were cracking on the sidewalls. I did some research and finally purchased Yokohama tires. They ride as good as the Michelin tires and were much less in cost. They are wearing very well and I am very happy with the Yokohama tires.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Donflem said:

Hey Frank. If you don’t mind me asking how long ago did you get that price on those tires any chance I could get a copy of the receipt with that price on it so I can get a price match?

 Thanks Don 

Don, I sent a copy of my receipt to your email address that you used when you joined the Monacoers group.  Tires were purchased 3/28/22.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...