Shoreline Hose Reel gear

If your gears are weak or stripped on a Shoreline Hose Reel, there is a fellow in Southern California who makes a gear ‘milled’ from solid stock instead of injection molded:

John Delmatoff
 Jondel1234@yahoo.com

When my gear stripped last year, I purchased a gear and rivet kit from him for $75 and the the thing has worked flawlessly since then.

Scotty,

When I use the button to reel my hose in, it sounds as if the gears are stripped and clicking.  It will spool in with help from me. Is this what you experienced with yours?

Thanks,

Steven

19 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

If your gears are weak or stripped on a Shoreline Hose Reel, there is a fellow in Southern California who makes a gear ‘milled’ from solid stock instead of injection molded:

John Delmatoff
 Jondel1234@yahoo.com

When my gear stripped last year, I purchased a gear and rivet kit from him for $75 and the the thing has worked flawlessly since then.

I repaired my hose reel with John’s kit about 5 or 6 years ago. Need to be a superhero to install the SS rivets. I used a few standard aluminum rivets and it worked fine until I sold the Windsor

Duncan H

14 Entegra Anthem

• 1 year later...

I just rebuilt my reel with a gear from John. Thank you for sharing this information. The hardest part was working it out between the tank elbows. I had to flex the elbows apart to slip it through. I was very happy to be able to rebuild because it appeared that the new hose reels stood too tall to fit under the tanks.