2006 monaco holiday rambler drivers side slide has rot on bottom of slide.

If it isn’t rotted too bad, and it’s mostly just the corners that let go, Guardian Plates from TalinRV seems to be the goto.  I will be installing on my slides as soon as the temperature cooperates.  They were very professional and helpful during the ordering phase, came as a complete kit basically.  

Mine is at Talin right now for that reason (and others).  They are replacing some of the wood and putting a large plate on this one.  Getting plates all the way around too.  

20220129_174752.jpg

I had floor rot in the corners of my flat floor slide on my 2006 Dip. cleaned out the wet wood (about a 4”x4” section) and filled with Bondo wood filler. Then I got Guardian plates from TalinRv.com and installed them myself. Problem solved. 

That’s been 4 years ago and no problems. If you measure yourself, double and triple check your measurements.  (Voice of Experience!)

Just as an FYI… on my previous coach (2002 HR Vacationer), I had the same thing and paid $8k to have the slide pulled and rebuilt.  Repairs to my Dip were a small fraction for the same exact problem. 

• Like 1