Ignition switch problem

My ignition key is giving me problems. When I try to start my motorhome I have to turn the key several times before it engages the starter. I believe it is the ignition switch. Has anyone had this problem. When I turn the key everything lights up, but turning to start nothing happens. It is like I have a dead battery. Battery are full charged. 

John F 2009 Monaco Camelot kfq 

Had the same problem but with out a helper to turn the switch allowing me to test for power at the relay/solenoids 3, I believe plus the one on the starter. Turning the key multiple times worked until I was 1,100 miles from home and in a rest stop 3 states away. With helper I determined the power to engage the solenoids  existed at all solenoids, tried the screwdriver across contacts, older cars, but with 1900 amps decided to wrap on it with a 4# sledge and  it started. 

Down the road to Gillett, Wo, bought a new lighter geared unit and had a local install, total with tip $700.

Find the problem and replace is my recommendation.

I chased this problem for 3 months, it would start at home every time, but after 200 miles of driving no luck.  I finally took the starter out and took it down to be checked.  It checked out fine, but I was suspect of the magnetic solenoid on top of the starter.  I could not find a OME replacement, so I replaced with a standard 12 volt solenoid.  I also cleaned all the grounds while I had the starter out. But everything working now.

There is a pattern failure of the 2008-2009 Camelot, Scepter, and I believe the Contessa. Theses coaches have a different rear run bay from other models.  The ignition switch is supplied power from the rear run panel and the switch in turn sends that signal back to the rear run panel.

At the left side of the rear run panel are white wires exiting the panel, one of which energizes the the starter solenoid. These wires vibrate loose and need to be tightened. Everything in that gray box (rear run panel) is 12 volts.  Take of your watch and rings and use small screwdriver to tighten the white wires, which will include the culprit wire. 

E2A36E6E-8A41-4426-8483-BBDE85ADE6C0.jpeg