Jump to content

Shower Fixture in Service Bay

Recommended Posts

The shower fixture is cracked in the area where water feeds into the shower hose. Also there is a leaking pex fitting behind the Fixture which means it's also behind the large white panel that holds the Fixture. What is best way to get behind the panel so Fixture can be replaced and leak can be repaired?


Jim McPheters 

08 Diplomat, 40 pdq

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had to remove my shore/tank fill valve.  I took my phone and was able to get some pictures that showed that everything was attached using the threaded couplers.  I was able to unscrew each one and then remove the valve.  Fixed it and put it back in and not leaks.  

Yours may be the same way, it may have threaded nuts on the back that you can reach up and unscrew and then the shower valve should come off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This may not help in your case as you have not provided any pictures.

However in my case I was able to unscrew the connectors from the shower faucet and install a new shower faucet. It was really tight but doable.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jimmcpheters said:

The nuts encounter the pex connections  before releasing the Fixture.

Jim - are these the pex connections for the hot and cold lines going to the fixture.  If so, you should be able to unthread those connections, then the mounting retaining nuts, and slide the fixture out the front.  Reverse order to install.  If there are other pex connections for something else that is in the way, you may have to remove the panel screws to pull it out enough to disconnect the fittings.

I had the same leak on my faucet, and replaced with this faucet https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084JC71KX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

What I like about it is that it has a quick connect so I can attach different items like a shower head or garden hose using a quick connect coupler.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had pex fittings on the back of my tank fill/shore water valve.  I was able to unscrew the fittings an pull the valve off. 

The only way to tell is to use you phone, take a picture and see if they did the same thing on the shower valve.  Good chance that they did as they probably would have had everything plumbed and then put the cover over everything and hooked it all up.  

This is similar to what I'm talking about, they make these in straight, 90 angle etc


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...