Driver Side Console Switches, Need Photos of the connections - 2000 Windsor

Bjohnsonmn

Hello fellow owners,

I am in need of some help. While working to remove carpet for our upcoming flooring install, I removed the driver's side console from the wall. While doing this, I found multiple terminated (spade) but not connected wires. Also, My PAC brake hasn't worked since we purchased the unit last fall. I am assuming these two things are connected.

I traced several of the wires back through the wire loom (and have the finger damage to show for it). Now that I have some, but not all, of the wires identified, it is time to start putting it back together and filling in the blanks.

What I know:

• I have the wiring schematics for my coach (2000 Windsor 32PB)
  • I have the Windsor PAC brake wiring schematic that shows the relay (but doesn't show where those connections come from)
  • I have some photos

What I don't know:

• What the On/Off switch in the photo is actually for. Is that the On/Off for the Brake?
  • Is the Brake switch a momentary PAC switch? I do have the floor switch as well which seems interconnected.

What I need:

I need photos of the wires connected in someone's console to at least know what should and shouldn't be connected with special emphasis on the switched.

No photo description available.image.thumb.png.0c86eeaeac02bcc3fdeebe5c36d2bc6f.pngimage.thumb.png.49fd09f552ce0ab4b3fe326a64c83744.png

And, can anyone decipher this symbol for me?

image.png.7e582f71b4c61595a5cc434fcc72cf90.png

Thanks!

image.png

My Pacbrake switch is ON/OFF, when it's on the PacBrake will be on, transmission display will show 2 (although it will only shift to the safest lower gear depending on speed).  The PacBrake will not work if cruise is enabled, but if I tap on the brake it will come on.  I do not have a foot switch, but you might try bypassing it to see if that cures the problem of the PacBrake not working.

No idea what the unlabeled switch is for. 

Take a good look at the wires, most of mine are labeled and it might give you a clue as to what it's for. 

Do you have a switch that says On/Off or Brake? (Or both?)
image.thumb.png.4734fc9f14c54d325960c31dca6c5e8e.png
I went through and traced the wires in the console back to the splices with the white bundle that goes through the floor. Most of my wires are not labeled. Unfortunately, several were disconnected before I opened up the console and so I have no idea where they are intended to be attached.

Edited by Bjohnsonmn

Mine just says Brake. 

Mine is a little different but my switches are listed below, three rows of switches. 

Block Heat        Pedal IN/OUT       Step Cover       Generator IN/OUT

Drivers side shade     Passenger side shade    Engine Brake

Mirror conrtrols     Mirror Heat     ATC

But I know ATC traction control was added sometime during the model year as some of the earlier 2002's don't have it.

Hopefully that can help you narrow it down.   Attached is a picture.  Notice some have light indicators showing they are on, (Block heat, Engine Brake, ATC)

You might try getting a good quality wire tracer to try and find out where the wires go.  Don't buy a cheap one, I bought one from Harbor Freight and it's pretty much useless. 

Driver side console switches.jpg

Edited by jacwjames
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 9:25 AM, Bjohnsonmn said:

Hello fellow owners,

I am in need of some help. While working to remove carpet for our upcoming flooring install, I removed the driver's side console from the wall. While doing this, I found multiple terminated (spade) but not connected wires. Also, My PAC brake hasn't worked since we purchased the unit last fall. I am assuming these two things are connected.

I traced several of the wires back through the wire loom (and have the finger damage to show for it). Now that I have some, but not all, of the wires identified, it is time to start putting it back together and filling in the blanks.

What I know:

• I have the wiring schematics for my coach (2000 Windsor 32PB)
  • I have the Windsor PAC brake wiring schematic that shows the relay (but doesn't show where those connections come from)
  • I have some photos

What I don't know:

• What the On/Off switch in the photo is actually for. Is that the On/Off for the Brake?
  • Is the Brake switch a momentary PAC switch? I do have the floor switch as well which seems interconnected.

What I need:

I need photos of the wires connected in someone's console to at least know what should and shouldn't be connected with special emphasis on the switched.

No photo description available.image.thumb.png.0c86eeaeac02bcc3fdeebe5c36d2bc6f.pngimage.thumb.png.49fd09f552ce0ab4b3fe326a64c83744.png

And, can anyone decipher this symbol for me?

image.png.7e582f71b4c61595a5cc434fcc72cf90.png

Thanks!

image.png

It appears to be the "105" relay shown pigtailed above. The circle is the coil.

18 minutes ago, gofastnow said:

It appears to be the "105" relay shown pigtailed above. The circle is the coil.

That appears to be it!

Now, I need to figure out what in the heck the On/Off switch was installed for on the console next to the mirror controls.

4 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

Only 3 of mine have the indicator light that it is on.  Mirror heat, Pacbrake, & block heat.  I see one of yours is marked Mirror heat and one marked Brake.  Wonder if the 3rd one is Block heat?

I'm really not sure. Our block heater is a lighted 110v switch in the back of the coach by the bed.

If you have a wiring diagram it might show what it is.

In my case the Block heater switch on the dash is 12 volt, it controls a relay that energizes the 120 volt circuit for the block heater.  There is an outlet at the back of the coach in the engine compartment that I can plug the block heater into. 

I'm out of idea's as to the switch.