Interesting Inverter..

Just recently my inverter won't turn off unless I turn off/disconnect batteries.

It stays off when I turn the batteries back on but after disconnecting from shore power the inverter stays on. The on off feature on the trace controls does nothing. 

Any thoughts?

20220424_193146.jpg

Have you attempted to do a complete cold reboot of the Inverter and the RC7-GS Remote?

Plus I would disconnect the data cables on both ends to clean them well along with the sockets they plug on to.

Edited by Dr4Film

No I haven't done anything yet. There's some pretty smart guys on here and I figured I would wait to hear back from someone 1st.  How would you go about doing a cold reboot?

Disconnect the negative battery cable of your house battery bank and let it sit for a spell. That removes power to the Inverter. Also remove the data cable from each end of the RC7-GS and clean those up.

Disconnect shore power also so no power is passing through the Inverter.

Also try calling The Xantrex/Trace Technical support to see what those experts have to say.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Romeo84 said:

No I haven't done anything yet. There's some pretty smart guys on here and I figured I would wait to hear back from someone 1st.  How would you go about doing a cold reboot?

Try just reconnecting the yellow data cable first. That will reboot the remote.

I had to do a complete reboot a long time ago when my remote was acting up and at the end I had to replace it.  It is described in the Xantrex 3k document and I remember it as disconnecting it from all AC and battery power with the inverter switch OFF at the inverter itself, remove the data cable. Plug the cable back in, reconnect battery power and turn switch at the actual inverter ON.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1