Rand McNally GPS map update

I have a 2017 Diplomat with built in Rand McNally GPS. It has a removable disc and was wondering if anyone has updated their unit. I've been all over Rand's website and can't seem to find anything on downloadable updates. If anyone has updated, I would appreciate you sharing the secret.

Gary

I have portable RV gps and my lifetime updates would not work. I called them and was told the support is no longer valid as per the terms. From a different source I heard that RM went bankrupt and the new parent is not supporting the RV community. I did not see that they are in that market but that is my understanding.

For now your gps should be about 95% reliable and decline year by year.

In our case, we have switched to using RV trip wizard and breakeven is at about 8 years compared to a new standalone gps device. The maps are always up to date. I do the planning on my pc and then pick up the trip and route on my cell phone for the drive.

The secret is to stay away from Rand McNally and use a good Garmin GPS or a Smart Phone App. I like to use my phone mostly as a phone, so I limit the type of app's I use on my Samsung S20 FE.

I have owned the Garmin RV-760-LMT since it was first introduced and it's OK.

Never trust ANY GPS 100% of the time!

We have a 2015 Dynasty and I update ours about twice a year and like it really well

You need to type in www.randmcnally.com/dock and follow instructions on their page. To upgrade, you remove the SD card from the GPS and insert it into your computer. It will check for updates and once done, remove and reinsert it into the GPS and you’re done. Pretty easy!

Tom Gibbens ’15 Dynasty 

19 minutes ago, thomasgibbens said:

We have a 2015 Dynasty and I update ours about twice a year and like it really well

You need to type in www.randmcnally.com/dock and follow instructions on their page. To upgrade, you remove the SD card from the GPS and insert it into your computer. It will check for updates and once done, remove and reinsert it into the GPS and you’re done. Pretty easy!

Tom Gibbens ’15 Dynasty 

Tom, thank you for sharing the update info, greatly appreciated. Going to pull the SD card and give it a try.

I just updated the Rand McNally GPS in our Foretravel.  Do as Gary suggested and go to www.randmcnally.com/dock and follow the instructions.

The following is the information on the company that bought Rand McNally; You may want to contact them if you have any further issues.

River Park, Inc.

21953 PROTECTA DRIVE
ELKHART, IN 46516
574-522-7781

If you have an older RM GPS you may have to purchase a new larger SD Card. The older GPS only had a 4GB card and you will need to purchase the Rand McNally 8GB card for the newest update.

Guest Ray Davis
18 hours ago, David Pratt said:

I just updated the Rand McNally GPS in our Foretravel.  Do as Gary suggested and go to www.randmcnally.com/dock and follow the instructions.

The following is the information on the company that bought Rand McNally; You may want to contact them if you have any further issues.

River Park, Inc.

21953 PROTECTA DRIVE
ELKHART, IN 46516
574-522-7781

Could that be the same company that made the speaker switching device in my 03 Windsor?