Digests

Steven P

Is this happening to anyone else?  Even though I'm unsubscribed from the digests,  I'm getting digests every 15 to 30 minutes. Screenshot_20200418-111522_Email.thumb.jpg.d4c8c2adaa7a20032dd5f1567c02dc80.jpg

Not me..... yet!

Yep, me too,  Tried to unsubscribe from the weekly but hasn't helped yet 🙂

I have a bell south.net email account which is run by At&t.  Those of you w this issue, who is your email through?

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

I have a bell south.net email account which is run by At&t.  Those of you w this issue, who is your email through?

Hotmail is my provider.  I just tried unsubscribing from the daily and weekly digests, although I do like reading them.  But I've received at least 50 today.

1 hour ago, Scotty Hutto said:

I’m trying to figure this out...  shut down the site email capability this afternoon but apparently they are still going out. 

please be patient...

I enjoy the emails and will sign back up once it's figured out.  Thanks for all you do here, we appreciate it!

They have cut down, but still coming.  Now they are about every 2.5 to 4 hours which is a great improvement.  

Edited by Steven P

Still no issue for me yet.

58 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

The Weekly Digest has been disabled until this issue is resolved.  

Please let me know via message or email  if you have this issue with DAILY digests also. 

Thanks,

Scotty

I only have this issue with the weekly digest (not the daily), I turned off both but that hasn't stopped it (weekly)  from coming.  Last one received was about 8 minutes ago.

Edited by Signature

I have contacted Invision support.  Although I have disabled the Weekly Digest, apparently there is a batch process running that got hung up. I am at their mercy at this point, as mere humans aren't allowed to mess with batch processes...  

Latest information...

When you "unsubscribe" it runs that as a batch process (usually overnight), so the changes don't take effect until the next day.

In this case, our batch process is stuck, and the unsubscribe requests are queued to run, but can't until the batch process is fixed.  

I have been communicating with our provider, Invision, all evening trying to get this resolved. 🤦‍♂️

Your patience is appreciated. I am, after all, a volunteer... 🙋🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1

I am getting the same digest, I think daily, several times an hour.

They are all the same, the first 2 are about kitchen sink faucet won't stay on.

Thanks for working on this.

Mine has gotten better.   My last one was just after midnight.  

5 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Mine has gotten better.   My last one was just after midnight.  

Thanks.

Apparently it started this morning with the Daily Digest, and you previously unsubscribed from that.  🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Scotty

The Daily Digest has also been suspended, as it started this behavior this morning.

Invision Support stopped the batch process with Weekly Digests.  I have engaged the NewsLetters application developer to resolve the bug.

If you are receiving multiple Daily Digests, please be patient.  It is turned off and we are working to correct the issue.

Stay tuned.

Scotty

Just wanted to let you know I have received  many this morning, but they are newer topics.

The last few days, they were all the same.

I do enjoy the daily.

Dave same thing has been happening to me the last few days. I’m been receiving  multiple emails with both the daily and weekly digest almost hourly. I assume a new post is triggering the digest sending me an email.   Scotty is on it.  I can wait.

Edited by Doug Hoegh
  • Thanks 2