Digests

Steven P

Scotty et. al.

FYI  I am still getting the original weekly about every 20 minutes.  No big deal - I have added an outlook filter to automatically move them to my trash folder.  Thanks for your troubleshooting.

Scotty, the weekly digests started back this am. Same frequency as before. 

Today for the first time, I also now am receiving multiple daily digests.  I also noticed that if I pick on a topic (i.e. link) in the daily digest to either respond to that topic or read it further, I get the following error:

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.  

Here's the URL the digest supplied:

https://www.monacoers.org/newsletters/1-monacoers-daily-digest/?do=click&key=8d177b8edfce92ae35f78802417d8ceb&issue=30&src=https://www.monacoers.org/topic/433-digests/

steveg 2005 ddiv

This afternoon (Monday) about 2:30 I started getting the Daily every 30 minutes +- a couple.  Had been fine until now, but it isn't a big deal, they stack together under a thread.  I'd rather have a dozen or two than no digest at all.

I got the message saying they are all off and I have stopped receiving them.  Thank you for the work put into it.  

The system has finally purged and executed all of the pending orders.  I think we’re in the clear...

I’ll restart the Daily Digests when I get my courage up...  I’ll check in to see if it kept your preferences to unsubscribe...

It’ll be a while before I try the Weekly Digests again.  🤦🏻‍♂️

What an ordeal!!!

Scotty

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, amphi_sc said:

... It appears to have only recorded up to #29.  Is that a clue as to what happened?

That’s a result of me shutting down the system before it completed the task. I don’t know that there’s a way to recover it. 

As best we can tell, either there is an error in the code, or running two Digests (Daily and Weekly) with overlapping content caused some unexpected behavior... The application developer is trying to figure that out, and I won’t restart the Weekly Digest until we have an answer.

I will restart the Daily Digests soon. The first Daily will cover everything since the crash, the following that will revert to the regular “daily” update. 

Sounds like you have a plan.

I like the daily, weekly would be too much at once.

Every day when the new on comes, I delete the previous one.

Thanks for your work on this.

Scotty,

I want to Ditto big THANKS for the great job you've done!  Some days I get busy and a couple daily digests might get deferred to read a day or two later, but to me, a weekly would have way too much content to digest at once.  You sure have put a lot of effort into making this a great place.  It is much appreciated.

Scotty,

Mine seems to be working properly.  Thank you!