ABS & ATC lights!

Guest Al redcay

I interested in this also, had in shop twice and they can’t find anything. Abs come on an go off then some times atc lites comes on too been doing this about 2 years now.

41 minutes ago, Al redcay said:

I don’t see any help with my problem, help I’m lost 

Al, first thing is to locate the ABS test button. Without it, its hard to help. Could be in your manual. Then, with ignition ON, short press and see if you get a blink code. Don't hold it long, in some systems it might get you into dyno mode, 1-3 seconds should do. Different system, different procedure. If you get a code, we could help. BTW,  intermittent light, outside of a wire connection, is usually a wheel sensor that has backed off due to vibration, dirt collection on the ring gear or misadjusted bearing preload. The sensors are inside wheel hubs but could possibly be pushed back in, carefully with some effort if there is any sort of access from behind the wheel. The code would tell which one or whatever else might be going on. 

Guest Al redcay
19 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Al, first thing is to locate the ABS test button. Without it, its hard to help. Could be in your manual. Then, with ignition ON, short press and see if you get a blink code. Don't hold it long, in some systems it might get you into dyno mode, 1-3 seconds should do. Different system, different procedure. If you get a code, we could help. BTW,  intermittent light, outside of a wire connection, is usually a wheel sensor that has backed off due to vibration, dirt collection on the ring gear or misadjusted bearing preload. The sensors are inside wheel hubs but could possibly be pushed back in, carefully with some effort if there is any sort of access from behind the wheel. The code would tell which one or whatever else might be going on. 

I have a 2005 cheetah safari an I need help to find abs test button. Ideas,

Guest Al redcay
On 7/21/2022 at 2:40 PM, Al redcay said:

I have a 2005 cheetah safari an I need help to find abs test button. Ideas,