Jump to content

Lighten UP FOLKS


Tom Cherry

Recommended Posts

The Virus has hit the Monacoer's.  Typically, it would be a sinister virus that infiltrates our PC's and steals our PW and personal INFO and sells it on the UNDERGROUND or DARK Internet.  At the best....we get spammed by some lucious Porn Babes.  At worst....we see our AMEX card processing charges that push our credit limits.

Scotty is going the best he can.  He is obviously overwhelmed.  We have the BUG....and the Bug Exterminators are at home, socially distancing, and trying to protect their families.

Give Scotty a break.  It is disheartening to hear all the "GEE....Yahoo was so great..."  If I had a dollar for everytime i saw a post about "We NEED a NEW website" or how "Yahoo is the pits.....migrate to something better..." Then I could buy the new $2,500,000 Prevost conversion that even Mikey would drool over.

This too, will pass....as hopefully the Virus will.

We need to be focused on helping folks.  We need to be fanticizing about our next adventure.

Please....KNOCK OFF THE SMART @$$ remarks.....This too, will pass.....or it will seem trivial when we look at what is going on  around US....

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yahoo was a very poor interface compared to this forum. I did not participate regularly.

On the new Monacoers.org, I participate every day.

Thanks for all you do for this community Scotty!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

The Virus has hit the Monacoer's.  Typically, it would be a sinister virus that infiltrates our PC's and steals our PW and personal INFO and sells it on the UNDERGROUND or DARK Internet.  At the best....we get spammed by some lucious Porn Babes.  At worst....we see our AMEX card processing charges that push our credit limits.

Scotty is going the best he can.  He is obviously overwhelmed.  We have the BUG....and the Bug Exterminators are at home, socially distancing, and trying to protect their families.

Give Scotty a break.  It is disheartening to hear all the "GEE....Yahoo was so great..."  If I had a dollar for everytime i saw a post about "We NEED a NEW website" or how "Yahoo is the pits.....migrate to something better..." Then I could buy the new $2,500,000 Prevost conversion that even Mikey would drool over.

This too, will pass....as hopefully the Virus will.

We need to be focused on helping folks.  We need to be fanticizing about our next adventure.

Please....KNOCK OFF THE SMART @$$ remarks.....This too, will pass.....or it will seem trivial when we look at what is going on  around US....

 

Amen Tom and thank you Scotty for a great website.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree totally. This is a better platform than the yahoo one.  I made a post asking about the digests to see if it was happening to others and so Scotty and other admin were aware. It was definitely not to bash anyone and I hope it was not taken that way.  I participate more in this site too than before.   Although, I have not seen negative posts about this site?  Maybe they have been removed?

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This new platform is far superior to the old Yahoo!

I appreciate immensely all those caring people who keep our forum going. Thank you, thank you!

It is this invaluable resource that keeps us on the road. I would be permanently parked a long time ago had not many of you taken the time to help me when I needed it. There probably are only a few dealers anywhere in the country that might have  fixed my issues but it would have been impossible for me to drive there.

The one huge downside of the Internet is that cowards can say anything and not be held accountable in person. They hide in a room somewhere and would never say such things to a person's face. It is the nature of a few and they will never change. Simply ignore them and focus on the majority who are an asset to humankind by adding to the quality of life. 

I appreciate all of you great folks out there! You are the ones I protected while I was in the Navy because you are worth it! The losers got a free ride like they always do. They'd never survive on their own.

Gary K

06 Windsor

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Steven P said:

I agree totally. This is a better platform than the yahoo one.  I made a post asking about the digests to see if it was happening to others and so Scotty and other admin were aware. It was definitely not to bash anyone and I hope it was not taken that way.  I participate more in this site too than before.   Although, I have not seen negative posts about this site?  Maybe they have been removed?

2 hours ago, a4epilot said:

This new platform is far superior to the old Yahoo!

Gary K

 

 

 

4 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

This new platform is 1000 times better than what we had we Yahoo! Thank you for putting Monacoers first.

Steven P , Gary K & Dr4Film,

Not everyone agrees that monacoers.org is an improvement over the former, (original), monacoers Yahoo group .

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mel S - '96 Safari said:

Steven P , Gary K & Dr4Film,

Not everyone agrees that monacoers.org is an improvement over the former, (original), monacoers Yahoo group .

Mel S,

I would have suggested to set up a POLL to actually find out how many people prefer the old site to this new one BUT unfortunately this site doesn't have a POLLING option.

My money would be on that the majority find it far better than Yahoo Groups which puts those that don't in the minority. However, that doesn't negate your specific personal opinion.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Steven P said:

 Although, I have not seen negative posts about this site?  Maybe they have been removed?

Nope, nothing has been removed, but the moderators got a few nasty emails through the "contact us" form...

Thanks for your patience everyone.  We believe all to be fixed now...

Daily Digests will start back this afternoon, and assuming they don't blow up, will continue each morning.

The Weekly Digest has been shelved until the developer can figure out what happened.

I can't tell if individual unsubscribe requests stayed intact - you*may* have to go back and unsubscribe again tomorrow for those who don't receive the daily digests - but wait until tomorrow, please, and then it may take a cycle or two for the unsubscribe request to "take hold".

Best,
Scotty

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I would have suggested to set up a POLL to actually find out how many people prefer the old site to this new one BUT unfortunately this site doesn't have a POLLING option.

Actually, it does have a polling option...  You must start a new topic, and there is a POLL tab... near the top of the screen 😉

As far as preferences, it doesn't bother me that some folks prefer the old Yahoo! site. That site served this community very well for over 15 years!  If Yahoo hadn't yanked the rug out from under us (and every other Group), it would have saved your Moderators quite a bit of time over the last 6 months!

That said, I'm partial to the new site because we can do so much more with it.

Best Regards,
Scotty

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Actually, it does have a polling option...  You must start a new topic, and there is a POLL tab... near the top of the screen 😉

Best Regards,
Scotty

Thanks for the clarification!

So there you go Mel S, set up a POLL to get the results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

This new platform is 1000 times better than what we had we Yahoo! Thank you for putting Monacoers first.

Here Here I second that. While Yahoo served us it was hopelessly outdated and quite frustrating. Thank you to everyone who has put the time in to make this happen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To Dr 4Film,

And this might be a dumb question, but  just what would be the purpose of a poll?? ???

You no longer have Yahoo and if you don't like what has been built to replace it, perhaps you should

go and create your own website.  I think they have done a great job!!!

Just my two cents worth,

Diane

Sorry, I many have directed my comments to the wrong person.

So to whoever wanted to take a poll, that is who I am commenting to,

Sorry if I offended anyone,

DIane

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, fleurdane said:

To Dr 4Film,

And this might be a dumb question, but  just what would be the purpose of a poll?? ???

You no longer have Yahoo and if you don't like what has been built to replace it, perhaps you should

go and create your own website.  I think they have done a great job!!!

Just my two cents worth,

Diane

Sorry, I many have directed my comments to the wrong person.

So to whoever wanted to take a poll, that is who I am commenting to,

Sorry if I offended anyone,

DIane

AMEN! I also like the “new” site! It is sooooo much better.

I Salute everyone who worked on this transition.Salute everyone who worked on this transition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm new at this site. Can't compare the differences from the old site. This one seems to be great!  The people respond quickly and try to be helpful. What more does anyone want?  Bumps in the road happens all the time. Since we all own MH's, we already know  "stuff happens" and roll down the road with it.   Jim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amen Tom x2 and thank you Scotty x2. With the elephant in the room that the whole country is involved, a slight hiccup in a forum is very small potatoes.

Stay Safe

Ki

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There will always be a small number of folks on EVERY forum that are known for their negativity...or for being curmudgeons or "hall monitors" on virtually every subject.  Luckily, most readers learn to recognize them quickly and dismiss or skip their posts.

Scotty, you have given our group a great new site when it looked like we were running out of time and options.  And you did it in record time!  99% of us applaud your efforts and thank you for the time you have dedicated to serving us all.  Might I suggest that the 1% who preferred the old Yahoo site simply stop posting...or start another site you might like better?  Your criticisms are petty and shared by few.  And how many of you COULD have, or perhaps more importantly WOULD have, done for us what Scotty has?  It was a HUGE undertaking.  Be appreciative that we still have a site where most of the ACTIVE members still visit and contribute, and all our valuable files have been saved.

THANK YOU, SCOTTY!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Face it, Yahoo is dead! Sorry Mel, but this site works better than the other two RV sites I use by a long shot. Could it still use work, sure (would like to see preview before submitting), but the work done to get it up to this point was great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes 
Thank you Scotty. I guess I was one of the lucky few that didn’t have any duplicates, triplicates, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There will always be those who complain, but I am GRATEFUL that there are those willing to put the considerable time and effort into providing this forum, and preserving the valuable information on our coaches from the old Yahoo site.

THANK YOU, Scotty, and everyone else who contributed to the transition.

David

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The group was on Yahoo when I first joined, & I had a hard time communicating on it.

I learned of the gathering, but could not get enough info to pursue  it.

They moved here, & got needed info, & we attended the gathering this year.

We really enjoyed it!

Thanks Scotty & all admins!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jim Andrews said:

I'm new at this site. Can't compare the differences from the old site. This one seems to be great!  The people respond quickly and try to be helpful. What more does anyone want?  Bumps in the road happens all the time. Since we all own MH's, we already know  "stuff happens" and roll down the road with it.   Jim

Trust me a Jim. You didn’t miss anything with the Yahoo setup in my opinion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Mel S,

I would have suggested to set up a POLL to actually find out how many people prefer the old site to this new one BUT unfortunately this site doesn't have a POLLING option.

My money would be on that the majority find it far better than Yahoo Groups which puts those that don't in the minority. However, that doesn't negate your specific personal opinion.

It matters not because we can't ever again be a Yahoo group.

However a  monacoer.org member has a Facebook group he named "Monacoers". . .I wonder what Bill D. would have done about that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mel S - '96 Safari said:

It matters not because we can't ever again be a Yahoo group.

However a  monacoer.org member has a Facebook group he named "Monacoers". . .I wonder what Bill D. would have done about that?

I guess it depends on if Bill D. had ever registered the name Monacoers, and if he had it copyrighted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...