Michelin X Multi Energy Z2 tire opinions!

Texomaman73

When I replaced my tires last year I wanted Toyo, called three tire vendors near me and they could not source.  Limited options but they could get Yokohama, which I think are comparable to the Toyo.  $3600 out the door.  So far they seem OK,  when I was getting them mounted a OTR truck came in, they had Yokohama's on the drive axles, Firestones on the front.  He said that pretty much any tire shop will have Yokohama's.  Hope I never have to find out. 

My advice is to start sourcing and see what's available, hopefully the supply has come back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptPat said:

At about 7 years of age our Goodyears (original to the coach) starting failing, we lost 3 of eight in about 4 months.  A steer tire blowout on the highway is a life changing event, don't ask how I know.  I wouldn't delay in replacing, I would note that our tires looked great right up until they failed.

I'm due for a new set as the Michelin's I have now are starting to show sidewall cracking, these tires are 7 years old.  I think I'll try TOYO M144 this time around.

I was a dyed in the wool Bridgestone R250 fan.  Many here preceded me and were running  them.  I would have to pull my spreadsheet, but I probably had 36 K when a front steer went bad.  I got a lot of advice.  I talked a couple of times to Barry at Josams.  He was seeing the same tire failing with an outside rib just wearing down and into the next layer of rubber.  He said that at 56K, there was no reason to even think about a front end failure.  He and several others also agreed that if it were a toe in/out issue, there would be issues on the other steer.  He gave me the dimensions on the toe in and I checked twice.  No issues.  

Bridgestone went to an energy tire about 2 years after I bought mine.  Mine were 6 years old.  I put the Toyo’s on and maybe 11K later….they are fine.  I HAD noticed a little outer rib wear when I left NC.  When I hit the Nevada border on the Bonneville salt flats, it was ugly.

i have replaced, earlier this year, the 10 YO rears.  I pushed them as they are protected from direct sunlight in the covered storage.  

We have not had any other reports on a Bridgestone failure, to the best of my recollection, but I know many experienced members here that swapped out Michelin for Toyo.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 11:32 AM, Tom Cherry said:

I was a dyed in the wool Bridgestone R250 fan.  Many here preceded me and were running  them.  I would have to pull my spreadsheet, but I probably had 36 K when a front steer went bad.  I got a lot of advice.  I talked a couple of times to Barry at Josams.  He was seeing the same tire failing with an outside rib just wearing down and into the next layer of rubber.  He said that at 56K, there was no reason to even think about a front end failure.  He and several others also agreed that if it were a toe in/out issue, there would be issues on the other steer.  He gave me the dimensions on the toe in and I checked twice.  No issues.  

Bridgestone went to an energy tire about 2 years after I bought mine.  Mine were 6 years old.  I put the Toyo’s on and maybe 11K later….they are fine.  I HAD noticed a little outer rib wear when I left NC.  When I hit the Nevada border on the Bonneville salt flats, it was ugly.

i have replaced, earlier this year, the 10 YO rears.  I pushed them as they are protected from direct sunlight in the covered storage.  

We have not had any other reports on a Bridgestone failure, to the best of my recollection, but I know many experienced members here that swapped out Michelin for Toyo.

My Dynasty had nearly new R250's on it when I purchased it.
Always stored indoors, pressure checked every trip. Still, I blew a LR outer at 6 years. 😡
Tires still looked like new, no cracks, even wear and rode smooth.